Price check on SBH Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
NIB SBH Hunter .45Colt... for $580.00

Is this a respectable price for me to pay?... I'm ready to pull the trigger on this deal but I wanted to check with my fellow Ruger forum gang.

It's the Bee's Knees

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I recently priced one and was quoted $589 in NC.

Edit - the above price was for a .44 Hunter.

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
The 45Colts were limited production and run a little premium to the 44.
NIB for under $600 is not overpriced. In the last year I saw plenty at auction sell for more. They are awesome handguns. :D

G2

Hunter
These have been kinda rare ~600 of the Hunters and ~280 Bisleys chambered in 45 colt.

Usually you see them $600-800, most $700 + But as of late there have been some what I think are "clean-up" guns released and have seen prices in the $500-600 range. Either way you will like the gun, ALOT.

I had one of each, sold the Bisley :shock: , Regreted it :roll: and recently got to right that wrong :D with what I think is this recent release/clean-up. Paid around what your deal is. Now my son keeps it in his safe, Oh well it's in the family and I still have my OM Brass GF Bisley to shoot, at least that 's what he keeps telling me. :wink:
Rug450mBmodified.jpg

Pull the Trigger! and Welcome to the hood. The .45 Hunter/Bisley hood that is.

G2

Hunter
Yosemite Sam":3hnlknpd said:
I thought the .45 Colt Bisley was a cataloged item for years? Shouldn't there be more than 280 of them out there?

-- Sam

Sam yes you are correct, My picture threw you a bit. The 280, refered to the SUPER Blackhawk BISLEY HUNTER, a Stainless NM Gun in .45 Colt.

Sorry to confuse.
Knuckles isn't even refering to the Bisley Hunter Just the Hunter configeration. But there in the same family. ahhhh details, details. drive a guy nuts. :D

Knuckles

Buckeye
G2... it isn't a Bisley, it's a laminate plow-handle.

Gonna put it on lay-a-way and try to get it out by November Deer hunting.

I am thinking of a 1 1/2 x's scope with a Red-Dot... 2x's can be a wiggly view.

What do you guys think the best scope power would be?

Thanks' Bud (knuckles)

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
If you think a 2x is wiggly, try a 4x.
IMO, a 2x is perfect for the Hunter and the wiggle will be minimized with lots of practice. My 2x Leupold had lots of "wiggle" when I was new to using a scope on a handgun, but now is almost non-existant and unnoticeable when shooting.
BTW, most 2x scopes have shown to have actual magnification values of around 1.5-1.75x, so going with a 1.5x scope will not give you much if any magnification in the real world.

G2

Hunter
Knuckles, I'm Sorry I got totally off subject, I was just exploring the Hunter .45 family. ie. Hunter and Bisley Hunter. Fact is if one likes the Bisley config. they could easily make the change's. GF, Hammer, Trigger, and a little wa la. :D

My "clean out" thought confirmed, Check out page 7 towards the bottom.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 8&start=90

Knuckles

Buckeye
Well, I put it on lay-a-way today... the young fella that took care of me wrote "Bisley-Hunter" on my receipt... I'll have to let him know what he did tomorrow so my "SBH-Hunter" doesn't end up lost.

G2

Hunter
Ahhh it could be more "fun" to let it go and when it comes time for delivery . . . . where is my Bisley?. . . Ok you guys who took my Bisley?

Now I'm age'n myself, the o'l Dr Hook song; "I don't feel good, Who took my gun?" :shock:

:D You will like it!, last night I got mine out and ... well you know what I did. :roll: lol