Price check on a stainless Blackhawk Bisley 45 LC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sub sailor

Bearcat
I have a line on an abused stainless Blackhawk Bisley in 45 LC and was wondering what a fair price for it would be. I am guessing that it is about 80%. Also, is there anything notably good or bad about this particular model that I should know? Thanks for any and all replies!

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
Sorry I cannot help you with a price for your Bisley at an 80% condition. I am not sure how "rough" 80% is.

I can add a data point that MIGHT be able to help you.

I have a Stainless Steel Bisley, 45 LC, 5.5 barrel that is in excellent / like new condition, with the cylinder throats reamed to the proper size.

I am getting ready to put it on the ads here on the forum, and I have decided that $550 will be a ball park price.

Hope this gives you a starting point for your 80% Bisley.

Take care, Mike

Lee Martin

Hunter
You can make stainless look like new with some Scotch-Brite pad and simichrome. More importantly, how is it mechanically? If it's tight and the bore is good I'd say $450 - $500.

Sub sailor

Bearcat
It is tight, but has an aftermarket cylinder pin held in place with an allen screw, so I haven't been able to check out the bore. The rear sight is dinged, and the finish is dull, but I know the finish isn't critical. Any and all other opinions are appreciated.

s4s4u

Hunter
I'd sooner give NewportNewsMike $550 for his pretty gun than $400 for an ugly duckling.