PRICE CHECK Old Super Single Six (Pic Added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

t_dickinson

Bearcat
Hi.

I have to sell a gun for a friend but I'm a S&W guy mostly.

What would be a current value for a 1970 Super Single Six with box, manual, un-used warranty card completely intact at the perforations, matching mag cylinder in red bag with small white box? The black/red box is numbered to the gun by white pencil and indicates that the gun is an SC5 with a 5.5" bbl.

Has not been fired much if at all and aside from what I consider poor fit/finish it appears to be 98-99%. The 3 screws are untouched but the opposite sideplate has a few "puckers" at the edges from poor fitting I suppose.

It makes the cool 4 clicks.

Box has very minor wear at the corners but is about 95% or better. The wax paper is in very poor shape.

Any idea where I should start and expect to end with pricing?

Thank you very much for your time.

MODS, if this should be in the rimfire section please excuse me and would you be kind enough to move it for a new guy please?

Nice place you got here. Thank you for the hospitality!

6011813946_7c6f10f192_z.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
$325-$350 gun. More if MINT. Box? $50-$80 or so, depending on condition.

and, it's impolite :roll: to NOT POST PICS! :D

Welcome to Ruger Forum!

flatgate

t_dickinson

Bearcat
Thank you flatgate. I got a pic up though it's not very good.

Assuming I can accurately judge the condition of a firearm, are there any other opinions or recent sale ads I can use? More is better.

Will this gun even sell? I have no idea as to demand or collectability but with ammo on the rise again, I assume the .22's are going to be desireable.

americal

Hunter
Don't underestimate the package :) A nice one put it in classifieds on the forum --great little guns :arrow: money is tight but things still sell---rather have that than a new model 8) ANYTIME.