Price check...mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dajudge43

Bearcat
have a 2000 mfg mini 14 in 223 caliber...standard issue wood stock and blue metal...very nice other than couple safe dings on left side of wood stock...whats a fair price if i decide to sell

DGW1949

Hunter
Considering that the street price of new "blued 'n wood" Mini-14 has climbed to over $700, I'd guess that asking $500 for an older used one wouldn't be out of line.

DGW

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"Street price" Ugh. I am sure you mean "store price".

I agree $500-ish for a used/fired gun. The downside to such guns is the likiehood that someone used cheapo steel-cased or corrosive ammo...
Used but as-new essentially unfired might go $600-ish. Cash talks.

DGW1949

Hunter
mohavesam said:
"Street price" Ugh. I am sure you mean "store price".

I agree $500-ish for a used/fired gun. The downside to such guns is the likiehood that someone used cheapo steel-cased or corrosive ammo...
Used but as-new essentially unfired might go $600-ish. Cash talks.

Aint no "essentualy unfired", or "LNIB".....it's either been fired or it aint. and it's still NIB or it aint.
I don't know of any "corrosive" .223 or .556 ammo that's been marketed in the USA, be it Russian or otherwize.

Me thinks that the OP has neen rather straight forward in his assesment of the gun in question. Perhaps you should give some thought to addressing any further fears and speculations which you may have to him via PM......Oh wait, nevermind...you aint wanting to buy his rifle anyway, are you?

DGW