Price Check Mini 14 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I have a pair of Mini 14 mags. They are 20 rounders, one new in pack, the other new but no package. I gave the rifle to my son in law. What is a fair price on these.
Thanks
Bfly

5card

Blackhawk
In new york, the are going to giving them away.
If you own one you have a year to dispose of it

meanc

Single-Sixer
I picked up 5 20rdrs for $40ea ($200 shipped) a couple of weeks ago

Ruger was selling them for $40 ea + shipping

And why not just give them to your son in law?

1st question... are they Ruger factory magazines or are they after market? ....

For factory mags I would say probably at todays prices... $50-75 each (crazy, I know)
For after market.... $40-60...

I think you should just keep them and give them to the son in law for his next special day... birthday, Christmas, ect.

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys, I offered them to him, but he has a bunch already and really wasn't interested in more. So, I'm gonna sell them to somebody who will use them.
Bfly

cagedodger

Bearcat
Black Fly said:
Thanks guys, I offered them to him, but he has a bunch already and really wasn't interested in more. So, I'm gonna sell them to somebody who will use them.
Bfly
:shock: :?

Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. :wink:

Cage 8)

Ruger14Ron

Bearcat
5card said:

Will have to see what happens in NY. The law that passed doesn't say you have to get rid of anything. It says you have 1 year to register your firearm that meets their definition. It says you can forever keep your magazines, but you cannot load more than 7 rounds in them (honor system - seriously). It's the big joke around the Northeast. It's also likely the law is going to be revised / thrown down - they did things so quickly they forgot to exempt law enforcement so as of now any officer carrying more than 7 rounds is breaking the law. Petitions to repeal under way.

Well, in a way that mess up with the law and LEO's is a good thing. I get funny looks when I say that government employees should not be given special gun privileges.... common citizens should have the same rights.

tjironhorse

Single-Sixer
Ruger14Ron said:
5card said:

Will have to see what happens in NY. The law that passed doesn't say you have to get rid of anything. It says you have 1 year to register your firearm that meets their definition. It says you can forever keep your magazines, but you cannot load more than 7 rounds in them (honor system - seriously). It's the big joke around the Northeast. It's also likely the law is going to be revised / thrown down - they did things so quickly they forgot to exempt law enforcement so as of now any officer carrying more than 7 rounds is breaking the law. Petitions to repeal under way.

What it actually says is we must remove any magazines over a 10 round capacity by Jan 13th 2014 NONE can be possessed in NYS after that date. We can only possess 10 round mags that we own before April 15th 2013. With those 10 round mags we can only load 7. After April 15 2013, we will only be able to purchase magazine with a 7 round capacity. Sounds insane? It is. I live in the cesspool NYS I know first hand.
TJ

waterwolf42

Bearcat
I have seen them on Gunbroker.com and GunAuction.com and they are all over the place but cheap they ain't anywhere from 65.00 to 85.00 a piece and it really don't make a difference if they are 20 rounders or 30 rounders haven't seen many 10 rounders for sale anywhere.

fyimo

Bearcat
Pretty much any magazine for a rifle or pistol that holds more then 10 rounds is very pricy right now whether in NY or anywhere else. The people that have them and actually want to sell them are asking a ton for a magazine that may have sold for $20 before this happened. Most websites of companies that sell them say out of stock and offer no backorders.

I went to a local gun show today and they had 20 round AK and SKS mags for slightly inflated prices ($25-$50) but not a one for a high capacity pistol or a Ruger Mini Ranch 14. I bought a S&W M&P 22 this week and it came with one 12 round magazine and an extra 12 round magazine for it cost me $65 and they sold for $20 before this event happened and I was glad to get because there are non anywhere.

If you didn't own them before the shooting happened and things went crazy it will cost you a bunch to get more magazines for your semi auto pistols and rifles period. I just bought a Browning HP a few weeks ago and I was lucky to get 4 Mec-Gar 15 round magazines for $34 a piece and I felt like I hit the lottery.

fandango49

Bearcat
I don't know the law, but couldn't you add a block in the bottom of a 20 round mag so that it will only hold ten rounds? Or drill and add a pin through mag so you could only push down 10 rounds? Either way it would only hold ten rounds.