Price check for Flatbolt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

R77PA

Single-Sixer
Saw a flatbolt in 350Rem Mag in the RS model with no rings (asked dealer but said did not have them), no box. Blue looked 96+%. Stock had usual handeling marks for a shot used gun not NIB. Let's say low 92-90+%. Don't see many of these. Was wondering what do you think a fair price would be. Thanks

Ltdshooter

Single-Sixer
That is one of the more uncommon calibers in a Flat Bolt and add to it the sights of the RS model and you have a nice find. I gave $700 for one last year in about 98% on the wood and metal and did not blink. That will give you something to go on. One thing.... If you intend to use it as a hunter and not a collector then don't worry too much about it at 92% on the wood or 95% on the metal if you can get it at a fair price. You will be challenged to find a better medium bore. Accurate with the Douglas barrel that Ruger used on the Flat Bolts and the overall quality of the early M77's plus a boat load of power from the 350 Rem Mag. I'll never sell mine!

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
I have a M77RS flatbolt in 350 rem mag that is my favorite rifle. It has tiger striped wood and is 98%. Beautiful gun and if you know anything about rifles you would say that it is the way all rifles should be built. It is very accurate and very controlable. I first saw one in Ken Waters handloading manual and he stated it was one of his favorite rifles and now I see why. I don't want to get too mushy but I would think a good one would run you around 600-700 dollars if you can find one.

Regards
Horseshoe