Price check 200th yr .357 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
Gun appears to be in great shape. No box or papers though. $400 shipped sound OK? It does to me but wanted to pick your brains.

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
AKGrouch":3p9przn1 said:
CDNN was quoting $349 for the .357 and $369 for the .44 about 3 weeks ago. I bought one of the .44's. shipping was $25

Thanks for the response. I have never heard of CDNN. When I googled all I got was firearm accessories. Is there a trick to see firearms themselves?

Thanks again!

contender

Ruger Guru
The CDNN prices are for current models. If you have a NIB "Liberty" gun,, add about $50 over the current offered prices.

Used, with no box or paperwork, the $400 would be very top end for me. The gun would have to be 95% or better. Although I would prefer a 'Liberty" model over the like non-lib model equal in all respects, the additional premium is minimal, $25 to $50 at best. And that's over used price, not comparable new. JMHO.
But it's you paying for it and you are the only one that knows how bad you want it- :lol:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
BeagleDog":31578n42 said:
AKGrouch":31578n42 said:
CDNN was quoting $349 for the .357 and $369 for the .44 about 3 weeks ago. I bought one of the .44's. shipping was $25

Thanks for the response. I have never heard of CDNN. When I googled all I got was firearm accessories. Is there a trick to see firearms themselves?

Thanks again!

Just a note I emailed CDNN yesterday asking if there was a "trick" I needed to use to be able to see their inventory. I received a nice note today from a young lady who told me they don't post their guns online but feel free to give them a call about what they have in stock. Maybe I'm dense, but what am I going to do when I call? Ask them to recite their whole inventory? If there was a particular model, such as this Blackhawk, I can see the point. But I like perusing to see what's available so I can't see myself, at least, using them. Just a rhetorical question - I wonder how many potential sales they lose because a person either doesn't know they slel guns or like me, just wants to see what's available :?

sorry, but they sell to dealers ONLY and as said above, current production guns, not somethng that was made over 34 years ago.......you need to contact a regular "dealer' or a collector , or go to a gun show that has lots of "used" guns.............
CDNN does buy out the inventory of discontinued guns , of recent production, ala the 'Anniversary Ruger's ( see their ad in the current Gun Digest, the Magazine..)... much like Davidsons bought out like 17 pallets of the Ruger Vaquero when they stopped making the original version......................
By the way, the box for those "200th Year....." guns is the basic, standard, red/white one piece, fold up box and are fairly common....only the end labels changed between the two basic sized boxes back then........ :wink:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
rugerguy":2i63426h said:
sorry, but they sell to dealers ONLY and as said above, current production guns, not somethng that was made over 34 years ago.......you need to contact a regular "dealer' or a collector , or go to a gun show that has lots of "used" guns.............
CDNN does buy out the inventory of discontinued guns , of recent production, ala the 'Anniversary Ruger's ( see their ad in the current Gun Digest, the Magazine..)... much like Davidsons bought out like 17 pallets of the Ruger Vaquero when they stopped making the original version......................
By the way, the box for those "200th Year....." guns is the basic, standard, red/white one piece, fold up box and are fairly common....only the end labels changed between the two basic sized boxes back then........ :wink:

Thanks for the info on the boxes Dan :wink: The 2nd and 4th replies confused me regarding CDNN. It appeared to me that they were a gunstore such as Buds or something, especially after I got to their sight and saw they sell accessories online to individuals. So the lady was either mistaken or just assumed I was a dealer.

AKGrouch

Bearcat
BeagleDog":ii40xc9x said:
rugerguy":ii40xc9x said:

Thanks for the info on the boxes Dan :wink: The 2nd and 4th replies confused me regarding CDNN. It appeared to me that they were a gunstore such as Buds or something, especially after I got to their sight and saw they sell accessories online to individuals. So the lady was either mistaken or just assumed I was a dealer.

You can download their current catalog from their website. It's a pdf file. Then just look through it and decide what you want. Then call them for the price. If you like the price you can buy it on the spot with your credit card. You then have to get your dealer to fax them a copy of their FFL and it will ship the same day. It doesn't get much easier than that. Am I a dealer? No. Did I buy a .44 flattop from them? Yes and it was a simple and seamless deal.