Pretty Stag Grips For An Old Super Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
My nephew, who is well aware of the price of sambar stags nowadays, just gave me this pair. They showed up in the mail out of the blue. I already have a fantastic pair of grips for this 1969 .44 Magnum so now I have to get another SBH. Here they are on the gun. Also a Colt .44 Special with factory numbered nickel cyinder (one of 483) and the other Ruger grips that have been on the gun. My nephew has always been more of a little brother actually. This was a fine gift from out of the Mojave Desert somewhere.

DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

skeeziks

Bearcat
Wyatt, they are a thing of beauty!
Your nephew must think an awful lot of you. And I just love those yellowed stags on your Colt. I wish they could be cloned for me to put on one of my SAA's. Are those the original case colors or were they redone?

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
skeeziks said:
Wyatt, they are a thing of beauty!
Your nephew must think an awful lot of you. And I just love those yellowed stags on your Colt. I wish they could be cloned for me to put on one of my SAA's. Are those the original case colors or were they redone?
Thanks a lot.This Colt .44 Special is from 1983 when Colt was having labor problems and "sometimes" the guns weren't up to par all the way. The case colors are very mellowed, dare I say bland, compared to the earlier guns and the ones being made now. But it is a fairly scarce gun even though current prices don't reflect that.

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
Rumrunner said:
Really sucks that you have to buy another gun. You could just send your old ones to me - of course then I would have to buy a SBH :mrgreen:
I'll need your mailing address. JUST KIDDING!! I know I'm not the first guy to buy a gun for a great pair of grips, as opposed as the other way around. But I love both pairs equally! What to do?! Well, another gun is the only answer. I just found two semi local stainless SBHawks for $450 each. A 7 1/2" and a 10". I'm not a New Model guy too much but I'm thinking about one of these.