Preference and best place to buy Holosun 407K and 507K

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerMax9 Fan

Bearcat
I'm new to Ruger and guns in general. After looking into the red dot options for the max 9, I feel it's best to spend more and get the Holosun. It appears the biggest difference between the two is the 507 offers 2 additional red dot options. For those who have used both or familiar with them, thoughts on both? I would be using strictly for self defense. I do like the reticles the 507 offer and leaning towards it.

So obviously looking to save money by finding it on the lowest price site. I decided to check ebay and Amazon and both have them and many others, at varying prices. I assume the exact part number is HS507K and HS407K? Are there other sites selling these and other gun accessories at competing prices, or even better prices?

Welcome to the forum!

I've seen them on Amazon at good prices.

I would stay away from EBay, but only because Amazon has such a good and easy return policy if it's dead on arrival or something similar. Plus I bet Amazon prices are going to be very competitive with other sites.

noahmercy

Blackhawk
I'm new to Ruger and guns in general. After looking into the red dot options for the max 9, I feel it's best to spend more and get the Holosun. It appears the biggest difference between the two is the 507 offers 2 additional red dot options. For those who have used both or familiar with them, thoughts on both? I would be using strictly for self defense. I do like the reticles the 507 offer and leaning towards it.

So obviously looking to save money by finding it on the lowest price site. I decided to check ebay and Amazon and both have them and many others, at varying prices. I assume the exact part number is HS507K and HS407K? Are there other sites selling these and other gun accessories at competing prices, or even better prices?

The choice of reticle is personal. I like the large single dot of the 407, and it's what I run on my Max9. Quicker for me to pick up quickly and not distracting. If you like the circle or circle/dot (as well as a finer dot) then get the 507. I have gotten good prices- most often with quick free shipping- from Optics Planet.

Try your local gun shop first, you never know. Not that I checked prices as it was an impulse buy, my HE508T was $347 locally. When I checked online afterwards, I seen them ranging anywhere from $369-499, plus shipping. What made it really nice was that he had the rmr mounting plate in stock right there for my mark IV. ;)

I have numerous 'dot' sights but no Holosun. As general guidelines/advice for your stated purpose, I'd suggest a fairly large optic with a 4-6MOA dot and 'shake awake' feature.
1: The bigger the optic dimensions, the easier it will be to 'find' the dot as you present the pistol.
2: The bigger dot will be more prominent at a lower illumination level which will help reduce the flare/glare within the sight picture.
3: Shake Awake is absolutely the greatest feature for purely SD handguns EVER. Turn it on and leave it alone until you need it. Change the battery now and then. It's always ready w/o user input.