Preemptive custom post

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
here is a couple before pics of the abused NM .357 mag i got off of AA last year.
DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0746.jpg

Here is how is stands today. Its now a 1.4" .41 magnum. SBH grip frame with a rounded trigger guard, & a take off maximum cylinder.
It's in process, some parts are Stainless, the rest are CM in the white.
It will be hard chromed when it's over.

DSCN0876.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
What's the story on that interesting front sight? Does it need to be that high, or is that a blank that will be filed down to a more normal profile after test-firing?

I'll jump in while Aggie is away. The 1.4 41 Mag is made by cutting down 414 Supermag cases from 1.6 to 1.4 inches. you then either rework a 357 Maximum cylinder to handle the case and to fully fill the factory cylinder window. This not only allows you to add a little more powder but you can utilize longer bullets as well.

Several guys are having 1.4 41's made now. Lee Martin just finished one and Axehandle is getting one or just got one done as well. If you can find a spare Max cylinder, it is a pretty reasonable way to step things up a bit performancewise along with a nice clean "fill the window look" Here is one I had David Clements do in 44 Mag. Now that I think about it, I could send it back and have him length the chambers to 1.4 and buy 445 Supermag brass and have the same thing in a 44.
IMG_0184.jpg

The front sight is Alans "normal shot" , "long shot" and "way the heck out there shot" front sight. :lol: Just kidding, it is just a TLA #5 type front sight with an extra step in it. I had him do the same thing on my 414.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Thanks Robb, looked like a lot of questions after I went to bed.
You nailed 'em all though. :D

Alan's first test firing with a 265 LFN had it printing 8" high at 25 yards, so he crafted the new sight appropriately high.