Prediction for the Gold Label reintroduction ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hammer

Single-Sixer

While I have one Ruger Gold Label side-by-side with straight English grip and splinter forend...

One can always use another.

When do you think Ruger will start shipping them again ?

mattsbox99

Hunter
At least 2 years out... They did hire a new shotgun engineer over a year ago. I'm not sure if they intended to reintroduce a GL or go a completely different route. The RL is rock solid as it is.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
mattsbox99":a580yryk said:
At least 2 years out... They did hire a new shotgun engineer over a year ago. I'm not sure if they intended to reintroduce a GL or go a completely different route. The RL is rock solid as it is.

I now who they hired and what direction they're going. That's all I'm saying right now. :)

BlkHawk73

Hunter
mattsbox99":nxl9m0w1 said:
That attitude kind of wrecks your credibility...

Let's just say I'd rather not put the cart before the horse and get hopes up too high right now. :)
I'm simply going by some of what I discussed last week with the president of the one the distributors.

Coop

Blackhawk
As a Ruger stockholder, I have one Gold Label, courtesy of a Ruger executive.

CurtGoldLabel.jpg

Based on my previous telecon discussion with Mr. Fifer, IMO, I would be very surprised if there will ever be any 12 GA SxS Ruger Gold Labels offered by Ruger.

Coop

JohnBoy

Blackhawk
MINNESOTA - 6 months winter and 6 months rough sle
I don't know what others have heard but I was told Ruger lost money on every Gold Label they sold. I believe it – without hesitation.

To me, Ruger Firearms have always reflected the very best 'Made in America' has to offer: Rock-solid, functional, no-nonsense value a person would never regret owning.

The Gold Label, in my opinion, reflects the same genius as any firearm Mr. Ruger (and his Associates) have ever produced - and raises the bar to a new level. We see the masterful finesse of Mr. Ruger, the GunMaker, in his Gold Label in a way never before revealed. But it came at a price.

I have handled a number of European, English, and American Doubles. The Gold Label need make no apologies to that audience.

The Gold Label, in my humble opinion, is a bit of a miss-fit in the Ruger stable of firearms and also within the framework of the Ruger production model. Clearly, the Side-by-Side was a passion for Mr. Ruger. As evidenced by the Gold Label, Mr. Ruger masterfully produced a hand-fitted shotgun that swings as effortlessly as a pool cue – with more aesthetic and historical refinement than most upland hunters could ever appreciate.

Will it ever be produced again? Since I am now fortunate enough to own one, I am a little indifferent. But this is certain IF the Gold Label returns: Never again will we see as much value for anywhere near the price point as was offered by the originals. Thank you, Mr. Ruger.

I love my pistol-gripped GL, but I think Ruger and Ruger shooters would be better served by introducing a lightweight RL with an alloy reciever like the Beretta 686 Lightweight. Aluminum can be injection molded as well as stainless steel and the titanium inserts are small, so minimal tooling changes would be needed, and you would have a MUCH cheaper upland/all around hunting shotgun that you could pack all day like the GL. Probably shouldn't put 3" chambers in that one, tho....my GL kicks like hell with 3"!

For now, I just hope they continue to make the RL 28-bore. What a sweetheart; I'd give up my GL before I'd give the 28 up! Kills birds, not your shoulder!

JJ_Miller_480

Bearcat
I don't know who knows who, but there will be no more GL's made in our lifetimes. Straight from the top...........................JJ

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Shot a couple of rounds of trap with my Gold Label on Sunday.

Used a modified choke tube in the right barrel.

Used one-ounce of #8 at 1,145 fps.

Shot fine.