Prayers needed! UPDATE!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thank you all for your prayers! They are truly appreciated.

An update from my brother came in this morning.

Denny had been waiting to die in his room at the resort, ( he had gone back there from the hospital after his initial examinations) and he was mostly unable to move much and was disoriented. He reminded Kelli that a few years ago he had her sign an advanced directive order, and she had promised to respect his decisions. He said he was ready and wanted to die there.

Kelli convinced a doctor to come to the room for a house call. The doctor told him his heart is strong, and why was he giving up? He convinced Denny to return to the hospital as an inpatient, and they figure a three to five day stay will help him turn the corner. They have run many tests and believe that most of his issues stem from his infection, but his inability to move and disorientation are the result of severe dehydration and lack of electrolytes.

If all goes well, they hope to bring him home this weekend. But he's not out of the woods yet.
I told my brother that there is a reason God put him and Kelli there at the time Denny needed them most.
We are praying for Denny's health to improve, and his heart to soften to accept God.

Thank you all once again.

Sirdutch

Bearcat
Hello folks,

My little brother's father in law needs prayers! Denny and his wife Marva went on vacation to an all inclusive resort in Cozumel Mexico a few weeks ago. Marva has only one arm due to an amputation from a car wreck a few years ago on another vacation, and so Denny and Marva asked my brother and his wife Kelli to come down at their expense to share their final week of vacation and help them pack and schlep their luggage through the airports on the way home.

My brother Eric and his wife Kelli flew down to Cozumel last Friday. When they arrived, Denny was very sick, and dehydrated.
He had been sick for a few days, but had not sought medical help up to that point. Kelli is a nurse, and realized Denny needed to go to the hospital immediately. It may have come too late. They believe he may have had a stroke, and has not been responding favorably to treatments. As of this morning, he has refused to eat, and says he wants them to let him die there in Mexico!

Of course, they are trying to coax him into living. My brother has been witnessing to him, but he refuses to accept salvation.
I can't imagine what this is doing to his Marva and Kelli, as well as Eric, so far from home and the comfort of friends and family.
They are trying to decide what to do. I don't know if they can force him to go home and get proper care or not, it's Mexico.

Please pray for them all.
Thanks,
Watchman
Praying for Denny, especially for him accepting salvation. Also for the entire family.

Update!

As of this afternoon, Denny has been released from the hospital and is strong enough to fly home tomorrow.
He is doing much better, and the mind fog brought on by his illness has eased as well. We are hoping he recovers completely back in Oregon, and that this near death experience awakens his spirituality as he contemplates his afterlife.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind words and prayers!
I will always be grateful for the good folks on this forum, my extended internet family!

God Bless,
Watchman

Latest posts