PP Changes July 28, 2022

Help Support Ruger Forum:

06dilly

Single-Sixer
First, I do realize many of you have 100% sworn of PP and I wish I could as well. Occasionally it's just too convenient to ignore.

Heads up that sending via F&F just got harder. It seems that if either the sending or the receiving account is listed as a Business account you can not send without fees. You can try by selecting "Gift" (once you find it) but it still charges if it sees a "Business" account in the mix.

Here is what i found online:
PayPal is putting new limits on a feature in its payment system that allows people to receive money without paying extra fees, the company recently announced. Starting July 28th, 2022 only personal PayPal accounts will be able to get funds via Friends & Family, a transaction method intended for trusted recipients.

BTW, fees are now 2.99% with no transactional adder. Just the percentage.

Hope this helps others avoid confusion.
TomD

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
You write f "PP" and "F&F" and some cryptic jargon, then say "Hope this helps others to avoid confusion." Your first two sentences left me completely in the dark as to what you are talking about.

Bob Wright

You write f "PP" and "F&F" and some cryptic jargon, then say "Hope this helps others to avoid confusion." Your first two sentences left me completely in the dark as to what you are talking about.

Bob Wright
What ^ said. As has been said here numerous times, if using acronym or abreviations say what they stand for initially then use only the acronym or abreviations.

In the third paragraph you mention PayPal. Is that PP? What is FF?

In the first paragraph you say “…100% sworn of PP.” what does that mean?

Sorry, I don’t understand either.

I know it sounds trite but I agree... I understood PP as Pay Pal but did not know what F&F was.... seems that is the way of the world these days though... I suspect it will never go away.... Neighbor texted me and some others yesterday asking advise about getting rocks off of some of her property and she described the rocks as TNTC... I did not have a clue... thought they might be contaminated with something... so I did ask, finally someone defined it: "Too Numerous To Count"... duh.... but you know what, I did not feel like a dummy for asking.

06dilly

Single-Sixer
So sorry guys! PP=PayPal and F&F=Friends and Family. If you were a user of the service you would have been familiar with those terms. Sometimes in the classifieds here a seller will post it as such "PP F&F only". I was not thinking of the full audience, including non-PP users.

In the old days (10 days ago) you could send your friend some money for no charge through PP if you marked them as F&F. Maybe your friend then decides to repay you by sending that coveted Ruger item you always wanted. In that case, money transferred for no cost. Now if one of the accounts are a business account there is no free option left. That exchange will now incur a 2.99% fee. Just giving you guys a heads up in case you are a PP user and try to send money that way. When the guy on the other end gets your money, less 2.99%, now you both will know why.

It's funny because I'm one of the frustrated ones at the many acronyms used here. I have worked out most of them over the years but one still puzzles me, NDIH. What is that?

TomD

Dan in MI

Staff member
In the old days (10 days ago) you could send your friend some money for no charge through PP if you marked them as F&F. Maybe your friend then decides to repay you by sending that coveted Ruger item you always wanted. In that case, money transferred for no cost. Now if one of the accounts are a business account there is no free option left. That exchange will now incur a 2.99% fee.

TomD

And THAT is why they made the new rules.