Power Custom hammer and trigger question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

woodperson

Single-Sixer
My new model Blackhawk in ,.357 has a awful trigger pull. A little heavy with creep and a catch. My question is if I buy a Power Custom hammer and trigger and drop them into this gun will be trigger pull be pretty good? (For a new model). I do not carye anything about the clicks and alignment of the loading gate. If I buy one it will be just for the trigger pull. Second question. Will the free spool pawl in my gun now work with the PC hammer and trigger or should I go back to a standard pawl at the same time if I do the PC conversion? Actually a 3rd question. Does the base pin affect the trigger pull? I know it locks up if the base pin is not all the way in. Can the base pin be a little short and make the transfer bar hang a little?

I installed a PC hammer and trigger in a new model single-six. All of my Ruger revolvers have triggers massaged by me, as I am fussy about my triggers. When I installed the PC kit I didn't have to do anything to the trigger, - It is fantastic. Can't answer your question about the free spin pawl. I don't like them. When I ordered the PC hammer and trigger set, I bought a couple extra pawls from Midway in case i goofed one up. I kept the factory hammer, trigger, and pawl so I could reinstall them if the I wasn't able to correctly install my first PC attempt. I can't imagine the base pin would affect trigger pull. The transfer bar has to be modified and PC instructions were very clear on the measurements necessary. I initially fitted the pawl with the .22 Mag cylinder. When I installed the LR cylinder, one chamber would not latch. One or two light strokes with a file on the second step of the pawl and it is just perfect. If the plunger on the base pin does not move freely it will not push the transfer back far enough to clear the firing pin. Hope this helps.

contender

Ruger Guru
If I may,, allow me to make a simple comment.
Go to the "Gunsmithing" section here,, look at the "Sticky" at the top where David Bradshaw offers advice on working a Ruger trigger.
I think that's a better option in my humble opinion.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I di very little polishing on my Three Screw Blackhawks, and they are more than good for my usage!

Attachments

• DSC05094.JPG
    DSC05094.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC05095.JPG
    DSC05095.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 73

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yes, the PC hammer/trigger kits are excellent.
Your free spin pawl will work just fine with the PC kit. But what brand is it? Did you add it?
The cyl pin dies not affect the trigger pull.

beginner

Bearcat
If the cylinder pin is causing the transfer bar to hang up it is the plunger and spring in the end of the cylinder pin