Power Custom GF install

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Enigma said:
Hondo44 said:
Thx. But they don't even show either one, new or old style. PC has the worst website:
1. There's no 2nd or 3rd gen Rugers, and these don't fit Colts,
2. There's no distinguishing photos of the two styles,
3. and how do you order for old model or new model Rugers? I know they make both.
4. You can only choose the material and style.

You can see them and the differences on Midway; link in my earlier post.

The link I posted, at least on my computer, gives you two drop-down menus. One is to select old or new model, the other is to select material.

Does that 1st drop down menu refer to their old or new model grip frame; or old or new model Ruger?

Did she say if it will fit your Old Model Ruger with proper hole for the old model trigger return spring and plunger?

Let us know when you get it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Deer Hunter said:
Thanks, Jim. Parts are on the way. The lady at Ruger said there were no options on the spring. They are sending me a strut, spring and seat, no charge.

Cool,

Unfortunately they do not know their products that well.

The guns with locks have a shorter strut and 24 coil spring.
Those w/o locks have the longer strut and 28 coil spring.

When you get the parts I can supply you with measurements and we'll figure out which strut and spring she sent you.

Parts arrived today. 24 coil spring and 3 1/4" strut length. Plus a new spring perch and what i'm assuming is a capture pin. I've never had one, I just use a finishing nail or small punch.

Hondo44 said:
Deer Hunter,

Are you making progress?

Jim
Very heavy work load has kept progress slow. The new strut is the same length as the old one. Groove in strut mount is done and the spring sits and captures fine. I have had everything together and the mechanics are fine. I had previously installed SS ejector rod, spring, Belt Mt #5 cylinder pin and latch. They have now gone back to blue and going to order a blue #5. I had also removed the bluing from the SBH hammer and trigger that I installed and polished them to a high luster. I now intend to reblue them (including the sides of the hammer). Gun will be entirely blue/black with brass GF. What I need is time and the right frame of mind to do the file fitting of the GF to the main frame and fit a pair of Hogue ebony grips to the GF. The wife is going away for 1 1/2 weeks so, maybe I'll get in a little me time so I can make better progress.

Mike