Power Custom Bisley hammer/trigger kit (questions)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Hey All,
I should have/could have, called Power Custom themselves, but just placed an order for a Bisley Hammer/trigger and modified transfer bar, to fit my new Birdshead 45 ACP.

Seems like, if I am reading their text correctly, that this kit will drop in, no mods required, and will also add a "half cock" to my revolver.

Anyone tried these kits for a New Vaquero before?
I'll probably have my local gunsmith install it....

If it works as i hope it does, I will have a Black oxide Bisley hammer and trigger installed on my Birdshead, and will have my ultimate "snub" single action!

Any tips/tricks/advice/reports/suggestions welcomed!

wapiti22

Blackhawk
I installed all these parts on a NM Blackhawk, not a New Vaquero. All dropped right in except the free-spin pawl which required a little fitting which is detailed in the instructions. They look and work great.

Hope this helps.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
wapiti22 said:
All dropped right in except the free-spin pawl which required a little fitting which is detailed in the instructions.

I wasn't aware that the free-spin pawl was part of the kit?
Or is that a result of the half cock?

Thanks for the input!

Varminterror

Blackhawk
The free spin pawl isn't part of the kit. Hammer, trigger, mainspring, and trigger spring are the components. Doesn't come with a free spin pawl or a modified transfer bar.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I have dropped the Bisley hammer into a New Vaquero and it went in with no fitting required. Worked great and had about a 2.5 lb creep free trigger pull.

Dan

So, do I understand correctly that this kit will fit both the "old" large frame Vaquero and the New Vaquero?

The Power website seems to suggest it's for the original Vaquero/Blackhawk frame.....no mention of the mid-size frames.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
There is a drop-down menu when you go to actually order the kit, which gives more options for color/frame size.

They emailed me that the Bisley hammer is back ordered for two weeks....
I may actually change my order to stainless, as it stands now I have ordered Black Oxide Hammer and trigger....

Thanks, that's interesting. Except the menu specifies the small frame, one for blue and one for stainless, and doesn't mention the large frame. Unless the third entry, just "stainless" is for the larger ones. Still not crystal clear and worth a call to the factory I guess.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
mike campbell said:
Thanks, that's interesting. Except the menu specifies the small frame, one for blue and one for stainless, and doesn't mention the large frame. Unless the third entry, just "stainless" is for the larger ones. Still not crystal clear and worth a call to the factory I guess.

At PC's site (grandmasters), the drop down will have 4 options, blued, small frame blue, small frame stainless, and stainless. The two listings without "small frame" are for all other Ruger SA's.

Frankly, I'm not sure what is different between the kits for large and small frame, as they share common parts for trigger and hammer anyway.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Varminterror said:
mike campbell said:

At PC's site (grandmasters), the drop down will have 4 options, blued, small frame blue, small frame stainless, and stainless. The two listings without "small frame" are for all other Ruger SA's.

Frankly, I'm not sure what is different between the kits for large and small frame, as they share common parts for trigger and hammer anyway.

Triggers yes, but not hammers.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Got the kit today!
Turns out that the Stainless kit wasn't backordered....and it showed up only a few days after ordering!
I started a thread in the gunsmithing subforum, should anyone wish to give me some advice!!

Thanks!