Post Your .44 FLATTOP November shipped Blackhawks!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flattop44

Buckeye
Chet 15, I bought the #67 BKH3 and BKH4 about a year or so ago. Their Ejector rods with original buttons were correct in both guns when purchased. Someone put them back original by the time they came to me.
FT44

chet15

Hawkeye
Chet 15, I bought the #67 BKH3 and BKH4 about a year or so ago. Their Ejector rods with original buttons were correct in both guns when purchased. Someone put them back original by the time they came to me.
FT44
Very good! Wondered where they went.
Now I wonder who those went to originally. One would think those two flattops #67 would have been part of the August/September 1957 purge... but to have the .44 FT leave in November 1956....
It is not believed that subscription numbers were anywhere near 67 by the time of the Fall 1957 purge.
Might mean somebody really interesting got those two guns originally, maybe through the efforts of Ed Nolan?
All speculation of course.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
FT44
Also, didn't Gary West or somebody find the .357 box for #67 roaming around on ebay a few years back?
Chet15

flattop44

Buckeye
Yes, he sure did. Matter of fact I found one of them for him and another friend of mine in Texas found the other one. That was great being able to see them getting back together.
FT44

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, he sure did. Matter of fact I found one of them for him and another friend of mine in Texas found the other one. That was great being able to see them getting back together.
FT44
Strange how those boxes aren't kept together.
I had an absolutely NIB Tricolor with the large button and no chips on the cylinder at one time. Sold it to a well known collector in New York. Some years later I find that the gun had somehow separated from its box. Argh!!!!
That is still the only large button Tri-color I know of without chips on the cylinder.

If you ever find out who the #67 FT's went to, I would definitely be interested in knowing. Sure, its possible the original owner got lucky and paired them up, but seems more reasonable that the two guns left the factory at the same time... and for November 1956, that would be the earliest that I've heard of for a "purge" of the two-digit archive guns since most left in August/Sept. 1957. Thats why I mentioned Ed Nolan, because he would have came on board at about that time.
Chet15