Possible LCR problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mag318

Bearcat
There is a YouTube video floating around depicting an LCR with severe gas cutting to the frame. I know Smith & Wesson had this problem on the aluminum framed revolvers and now incorporate a stainless steel shield on new production guns. I just bought an LCR and wonder if this is going to be a problem.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
mag318,all you got to do is take it to the range and try it out and see what happens. If you do not see the problem as the youtube video showed,then check it out still up to 500 rounds. If you still do not see that problem like the video showed,then you will not have any problems. Any gun no matter what it is made of might or might not have a problem. It has been said that guns are a machine. some work real well without breaking down if taken care of properly. Some might be lemons that didnt get checked out at the factory firing ranges. And when you get that spent cartridge,that LCR like other guns that are made around the world and here,are only shot with one round, not 5 or more. Check the clyinder face and see. rich642z

darkwater67

Single-Sixer
Yes, this video has made the rounds. I know there was discussion of it on the THR forums, and here's the discussion from the AR-15 forums: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=33&t=84128

In short, a few confirmed guns went bad, the majority are fine, if there's a problem Ruger came thru with flying colors by upgrading to CT laser grips with a new gun. No recall, so the problem is not widespread, could be just a bad batch...if yours is bad, you'll likely know within 500 rounds.