Popsicle etiquette

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hunter
People in my house think it is perfectly fine to dig through the box and eat all the red ones and leave the orange ones.

I was raised to eat whatever one you get. That way everyone gets an equal chance if getting the good flavors. I haven’t had a red popsicles in 20 years.

Do all the work, pay all the bills, fix everything that breaks and I still cant get a red popsicle.

KIR

Single-Sixer
We used to sharpen popsicle sticks by rubbing the tips on the sidewalk, then tie them to the corners of our home made kites and have kite fights. Anybody fly a kite lately. Been an unusually windy year here in Sparks, NV, but have not seen any kites. I guess everyone has gone the shooting up rockets into the air. Once, my buddies and I shot up a total of 28 rockets one afternoon. One guy brought his large SST rocket plane, but did not have the proper size rocket engine to get it up very far into the air. It raised up about a dozen feet, keeled over and landed safely. After the engine stopped sputtering, it popped the chute which was funny.

wagwan

Bearcat
I would add a little Tabasco to the red ones until the problem corrects itself. Ya gotta be quick in our house too to get the color you want!

contender

Ruger Guru
We rarely get popsicles here. However,, a few weeks ago,, Miss Penny wanted some. She'd been coughing & wanted them to sooth her throat. I went & got a box,, with three flavors. Upon opening the box,, there is no way to determine what flavor you got. I got the local grocery store brand,, (Laura Lynn) and they aren't marked.
I pulled out one to give her,, and guess what,, it was a red one. I got one to join her,, and mine was orange.

To answer our question; Buy generic where the package doesn't allow a selection.

Bad Barlow

Single-Sixer
That is about as bad as taking the lid off a can of mixed nuts and finding someone has eaten all the cashews.:confused:
I'm glad to see that people are discussing real world problems,and not wasting a lot of hot air talking politics.
Personally, I buy the all one flavor box .
And that flavor is the one I like.
The wife cannot be trusted with such an important mission.

Luckily, I'm the only one in my house that likes cashews. And yes, I do dig through the can of mixed nuts for them.

As for the popsicles, we don't eat enough at my house. But I am sort of partial to the green flavor.

Although in reality, I bet they all taste very similar. Sort of like Froot Loops. I've been told all the colors taste the same.

It's Oreos in our house. We almost never buy junk food but every once in a while a package of Oreo cookies finds it's way in and gets hidden.
Wife and I both know the other will eat them all with no guilt what so ever, so whoever bought them hides em. I've found Oreos in the oddest
places, if alone will promptly eat them all and leave the package. If it's a new package I'll get a ziplock bag and squirrel away the excess.
Right now with my training mileage I'll eat pretty much anything that doesn't eat me first.

eveled

Hunter
Unfortunately I’m a diabetic so we get the sugar free ones. So it limits the selection. Banana and rootbeer were my favorites growing up.

As far as not seeing through the wrapper my kids open them to see the color. Then put the orange ones back.

They learned it from their mom. I once found a 5 pound bag of gummi bears with no reds left.

I’m not sure if its a petty problem for me, or a manifestation of a larger problem they have.

The cashew thing would bother me too. My brother in law is a real dirt bag he eats all the marshmallows from the box of lucky charms.

Latest posts