Polymer guns too...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well I recently had a chance to trade into a (like new) firearm. It is a Gen 4 Glock. Those on here who know me must be thinking, "No freakin way!" Well I can actually say, the grip on this one is ok. I've always loved the reliability of glocks in general but was always dissapointed in the grip. That reason prompting me to previously sell them off. First experience was a Gen 1 (blued serial number stamp) Glock 17, bought it off a buddy to help him pay for engine repairs. Well I didnt care for it very much. Next experience was a Gen 2 G23 (at the time the best fit) but still not enough to make the cut. Tradedup to a Sig P229. Sold that and got a springfield 1911. search continued. Got a G26 3rd gen. Grip was yuk.Wife hated that too and I traded it off.

So here in my story i'm at the point were I own No Glocks. very recently I traded into another Glock. It is a Gen 4 G19. The grip is reasonable on this one. In fact better for me than the previous 3. In fact it is my main carry gun. 3x 15 round mags included. 124. gr. Speer gold dot +P seems like it would be efficient. Pics pending. My father-in-law has a Ruger SR9c that is about the size my 26 was. I LOVE the grip on the sr vs the 26.

Is the Sr9 more the size of a G17 or G19? How hard is it to change the backstrap?

What advantages would one of these new Rugers offer over my Springfield XD .40 and Glock 19?

Thanks
Ps. My search continues for a Cz 75B Stainless.

cfrock

Bearcat
Backstrap is ridiculously easy to change; press pin out, pull down on the rubber insert, turn over and reinsert.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The backstrap comes two ways, flat and arched and, as noted it's trivial to flip it over.

The aftermarket for the SR9 is growing. It's not at the Glock level and may never be but accessories and improvements are available. One supplier is Galloway Precision (www.gallowayprecision.com) and, of course, Fobus and many others make holsters for it and HiViz and Dawson make replacement front sights.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
My department issue gun is a Gen 3 glock 22 and I hate them .Not that I hate the glock it's self ,just the way the grip fits my hand .I bought myself a Gen 4 glock 22 to carry as my duty gun .Without ether backstrap the grip is just a touch thinner and shorter front to back and fits my hand much better + you get the bennafit of the dual recoil springs and extended mag release .If I could I'd carry my 1911 but the Sherrif wants ammo/mag compatabality so the Gen 4 is my only choice .As for as the relibality goes the glock is a real winner Through several thousands of rounds I think I've had one stove pipe and one failure to go into battery and that was when it was brand new ,within the first 50 rounds through the gun .
Lou