Polymer coating

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
I was hoping someone could tell me a bit about the polymer coating - primarily Wolf uses. Is this an honest attempt to improve performance or an attempt to hide an inherent problem? Pros - cons?

Thanks

96/44

Blackhawk
It is a replacement for the laquer that used to be used on steel cased ammo, which would sometimes build up in the chamber. It is an improvement over laquer, but not an ammunition improvement in general. It is there primarily to keep the steel case from rusting. I shoot tons of the stuff for plinking, it's not particularly accurate, but it is cheap and plentiful.

slowrider

Single-Sixer
I've had both FTF and FTE problems in a few of my pistols with laquer coated ammo. I'm going to give the polymer a try the next time I'm buying ammo. Anyone reading this had problems cured by going from laquer to polymer?

BeagleDog

Blackhawk
96/44":2y947emg said:
It is a replacement for the laquer that used to be used on steel cased ammo, which would sometimes build up in the chamber. It is an improvement over laquer, but not an ammunition improvement in general. It is there primarily to keep the steel case from rusting. I shoot tons of the stuff for plinking, it's not particularly accurate, but it is cheap and plentiful.

Not to much trouble cleaning? Thanks for your input!