POLL. 480 or 327 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Would you buy a 480 Blackhawk or a 327 Blackhawk?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tek4260

Buckeye
Which would you buy if you were given the option. Heck this is Rugerfourm, one would think the folks in Ruger's marketing dept look here every once in a while! My guess is that this poll will show they were wrong. Course, I have been wrong myself a time or three :D

P.S. I know the 327 is here and the 480 isn't. This is just for arguments sake.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Not only will I vote for the .480, I will follow through. My "Super" Vaquero in work with Jack Huntington right now...

And I had a conversation with a gunsmith last night that tells me another forum member is having one done on a bisley blackhawk - he knows who he is...

Rclark

Hunter
Should have option for neither ;) . .22LR, .357/.38Spec, .44mag/.44Spec, and 45 Colt do me juuuust fiiine for anything I am likely to have/want to do. :)

mattsbox99

Hunter
Both. I like them both, but I would not want a 5 shot 480, if that was the only way to get it, I might, but I'd much prefer the 6 shot version.

The 8 shot 327 is pretty cool.

B.Roberts

Single-Sixer
Badly want a .480 in a five shot blackhawk, preferably with a bisley or long super gripframe. Full power .475 loads would be too much for me, a factory .480 would be just about right.

WARD

Single-Sixer
You'd think Ruger would do something with the 480 as it is their "baby." Otherwise it is simply DEAD!

Perhaps they should have done the 327 BH with a heavy barrel - you know, to keep that terrible recoil in check! Do you think 48 ounces is enough to hang on to to launch that 100 grain bullet????

I would have been a lot happier if they had used an alloy grip frame on the 327. Perhaps it may still come out in blue with alloy frame.....

Actually I should be happy as they've offered some nice options and I may very well purchase one of the BH's sometime but they've done nothing to make me want to run down and plop down a deposit.

I like the 32 H&R so I voted for the 327 however I may wait and hope it comes out in blue with alloy grip frame before spending money.

Ward

operator

Bearcat
475 Linebaugh, also shoots 480 Ruger. Whole lot of fun to shoot
100_0277.jpg

J Miller

Blackhawk
I would have to vote: Neither. If I had that choice.

Although I am a big bore fan, I do not like 5 shot revolvers, so I would not buy the 480.
And since I am a big bore fan, the 327 has zero interest to me. What will it do my .357s won't? Nothing.

And add to that I think 7 and 8 shot revolvers are just not for me.
(( I was given a H&R Sportsman 9 shot break top revolver about 12 years ago by my mom for my birthday. On the rare occasion I take it out to shoot it, I always find myself breaking it open to reload after the 6th shot. Drives me nuts. ))

Joe

Knuckles

Buckeye
Now correct me if I'm wrong... but Ruger doesn't make a 327mag cartridge do they?

And, now.... the .480 cartridge is made by who?

I just don't get them sometimes. :roll:

rhetor

Bearcat
Count me in the 480 camp. I'd love a 480 Alaskan. Even better would be a .480 Bisley Hunter. What a bitter disappointment that the BIG news out of Ruger is the .327. I remember when Ruger's reputation was based on overbuilt guns, not the effete guns they introduce these days. Why can't Ruger compete with BFR and make a .50 AE or .480 Ruger single action? Where's the single action .454? Think what they could do with the old .357 frame (I'd love to the the maxi come back). It's sad to see Ruger ceed development of strong firearms to Smith & Wesson, Freedom Arms and Magnum Research.

Maybe next year. Meanwhile, I just picked up one of the clean up Bisley 357's at Davidson's; at least that's a gun that honors Ruger tradition.

Rhetor

SBH4628

Blackhawk
knuckles":2nx3mbk9 said:
Now correct me if I'm wrong... but Ruger doesn't make a 327mag cartridge do they?

And, now.... the .480 cartridge is made by who?

I just don't get them sometimes. :roll:
Hornady :shock: :D

Sturgell

Bearcat
The 480 Ruger is a bastard cartridge: really hard to find bullets, brass, and factory ammo doesn't help it out any at all along with the fact that it doesn't out perform the 454 Casull by much. Then S&W brought out the 460 which is a beast of a handgun round and the 500, I feel this truly sealed the fate of the 480. I also think the 500 is destined to becoming extinct if the billy bad ass crowd that has to have the ultimate in small penis compensation tools. The 460 on the other hand will most likely stay, it is a real performer especially at longer ranges plus you can not tell me that you don't want to shoot a coyote with a 230 grain gold dot rolling along about 1800 fps.

Then you have the niche groups like a lot of the members here that like the 480 and want to see it stay.

cowboydave

Single-Sixer
I voted for the 480 RUGER and I was hoping that it would be a 5 shot on a bisley frame. As far as I can tell I have no use for the 327 as I have a 357.
Dave

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I vote for the 327. Why? I have a Super Redhawk in 480 & it's fine. I do enjoy it quite well, but it has very little practical application for me. There aren't any grizzlys in NC. I can kill anything in North America with what I already have so,, I think I'd pass on a 480 Blackhawk. However, I have several 32 H&R mags but I'd jump on the 327 for the option here. I think it will be a keeper. Small game to a fair SD gun if necessary.
I guess I'm gonna be placing my order sometime soon!

tek4260

Buckeye
Sturgell":2jmae2td said:
The 480 Ruger is a bastard cartridge: really hard to find bullets, brass, and factory ammo doesn't help it out any at all along with the fact that it doesn't out perform the 454 Casull by much. .

Much easier to find than 327 round these parts.