Politicol Correctness Gone Too Far

Help Support Ruger Forum:

How long have they been showing gay guys on TV commercials? Well, the other day they just went too far for me. There was a commercial showing two black guys kissing. This shocked me so much that I don't even remember what the commercial was for.

Do they really have to show gay guys kissing on TV?

Snake45

Hawkeye
caryc said:
I don't even remember what the commercial was for.
That's too bad, because that product obviously isn't for YOU. If you happen to see it again, make note and let us know. That product's not for me, either, and I won't be buying it. I suspect others here feel the same way.

Snake45

Hawkeye
rugerguy said:
.......it was for HIV medication...........no less :roll:

duh, you think :?
That brings up another point: Why so many ads for prescription drugs on TV? Not like you're gonna grab some of the stuff next time you're at Walmart. Shouldn't your DOCTOR know about the drug? Isn't there a better advertising medium to reach DOCTORS? And don't the pharma houses have very highly-paid reps whose job it is to pimp these drugs to the DOCTORS? :? :roll:

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Enforced acceptance. It's been going on for decades. I'm forced to accept things that others find totally fine. Not saying that's right on my part BUT it's the way I feel.

Snake45 said:
Shouldn't your DOCTOR know about the drug?
And then they say to "Tell your Doctor if you are allergic to . . . .". I cannot ;speak for others, but my doctor knows what I am putting in my body and if I was allergic he too would know it.

bogus bill

Hunter
Seen almost the same thing. This time it was two white guys. They do it so fast at first you wonder did I really see that?

Snake45 said:
rugerguy said:

That brings up another point: Why so many ads for prescription drugs on TV? Not like you're gonna grab some of the stuff next time you're at Walmart. Shouldn't your DOCTOR know about the drug? Isn't there a better advertising medium to reach DOCTORS? And don't the pharma houses have very highly-paid reps whose job it is to pimp these drugs to the DOCTORS? :? :roll:

Sure, they have all the above but, what better way than to get the patients to come in and say to their doctor, "I want that drug". He might not feel so good about that drug but if the patient is insisting...and stupid...

It's not so bad in movies. At least they are rated and one is ready for almost anything. But a TV commercial in my home pops up with that crap...how does one explain that to their children if they see it? Who is paying off the FCC so they don't come down on this crap?

gasbag

Blackhawk
Snake45 said:
rugerguy said:

The ads are there for the millions of lonely hypochondriacs sitting there bored to death in front of their tv.
They see an ad for a medicine that cures what they think ails them.
Then they run to their doctor and demand they be given that drug.
If that doctor doesn't give it to them they will go shopping for a doctor until they find one that will.
We saw it all the time in the hospitals.
Or they see an ad for a new medicine for a malady that they do have.
Well then, let's just run right back to the doctor, rinse and repeat.
As far as pimping out drugs to the doctors, I saw it happen at least 3 times a week in the ER.
That was during just one shift.

Sure wish I had a tv so I could see these ads.
Wait; no I don't. You guys can watch for me.
Send a synopsis every 30 days or so.
Thank you.

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"How do I know if I'm allergic to it if I've never taken it?"
I guess they're ASSuming you'll survive the initial reaction.

Bull Barrel said:
Dont take (insert drug name here) if you are allergic to it.
How do I know if I'm allergic to it if I've never taken it?

I guess that's just covering their own butt. Then they can say, "Well we told you not to take it".

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Snake45 said:
Shouldn't your DOCTOR know about the drug?
And then they say to "Tell your Doctor if you are allergic to . . . .". I cannot ;speak for others, but my doctor knows what I am putting in my body and if I was allergic he too would know it.

Some folks who think they need a particular drug will doctor shop until they find one that will give it to them. Once doctors, lawyers and pharmaceutical companies were allowed to advertise there was no turning back.

volshooter

Buckeye
I don't watch a lot of TV. When I do I record and skip through the comericials. I have dish in the yard and haven't watched regular TV in years. My best bud complains bout daily, he says the world has been taken over by certain groups of folks. He only has what ya call public TV. I ain't noticed this here subject yet but i'm gonna look into it. Wife watches regular tv, have to ask her.
2 dudes akissing ya say? On TV where kids watch? Dadgum either i'm getting to old or the world has done and gone snowflake crazy. May have to cut that dish thing loose if theys a pushing this crap.

contender

Ruger Guru
"Enforced acceptance. It's been going on for decades. I'm forced to accept things that others find totally fine. Not saying that's right on my part BUT it's the way I feel."

^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

They use TV & movies & all to make THEIR ideals, attitudes & agenda appear normal,, to brainwash those unwilling to think for themselves.

Latest posts