Polished Stainless Single Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

keyston44

Bearcat
Hi All,
Today I found a polished stainless steel Single Six convertable NIB. My question is, is this a special run? I've never seen a polished stainless Ruger Single Six. I don't see one on Ruger's web site. I looks like a Vaquero with adjustable sights. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Key

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I have two of the high gloss single sixes, both with 6 1/2" barrels. I purchased both NIB and paid $450 for the first one (factory faux ivory grips, model no. GKRN6I) and $325 for the second (standard wood grips, model no. GKNR6). I have seen several on GB for about the same price. I have been looking for a GKNR5 (5 1/2" barrel) but have not been able to find one reasonably priced. I do not believe these are worth any more than a standard single six, and to my knowledge, they were not a special run. Hope this helps.

keyston44

Bearcat
Thank you, It does help. The one I found is 6 1/2" with wood grip. I have just never seen one before. Thanks again. Key

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
I really like my high gloss single sixes. Might as well have something a little different for the same price as a standard model! I also have both a 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" high gloss single sixes with the fixed sights. Some people refer to these as "Baby Vaqueros".