Police Service Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

McIII

Bearcat
Just acquired a 1983 vintage Police Service Six, 2 3/4" blue. I took it to he range, and I love this pistol, but hate the Houge grips that are on it. Where would a person find some OEM Walnut grips? Ruger said they no longer have them. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Ride1949

Hunter
Amazon product ASIN B01N41QALT

Phttps://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/222130

I did a Duckduckgo search for : Grips for 1983 Ruger Police Service Six. These are just some of the many that came up. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

hittman

Staff member
After you have a minimum of 10 posts ( Messages) you can put a WTB ad in Classifieds.

They're plentiful and not expensive at all.

McIII

Bearcat
Thanks. I want he smaller grips like he ones in picture, but I'm not set up to bid on that site. Guess I'll have to learn how to do it.

McIII

Bearcat
Thanks. I want he smaller grips like he ones in picture, but I'm not set up to bid on that site. Guess I'll have to learn how t
Part of the fun of getting a new (to me) gun is making new grips for it. I've made grips from walnut, pear, cherry, and mulberry.
i wish I was that talented. I love stag, and I have all kinds of horn around here. But, I would screw it up for sure.

Ride1949

Hunter
Thanks. I want he smaller grips like he ones in picture, but I'm not set up to bid on that site. Guess I'll have to learn how to do it.
Ron will take good care of you. But make a note of post #5 for future reference.

LDM

Blackhawk
I would love to use my factory grips if I could find a grip adapter to fill in the space between the front strap and the trigger guard. As of now I have a set of Goodyears I use. Well, technically, since the were made in Italy, they're Pirellis.

Rob, You're quite welcome, I try to help where I can.

I would love to use my factory grips if I could find a grip adapter to fill in the space between the front strap and the trigger guard. As of now I have a set of Goodyears I use. Well, technically, since the were made in Italy, they're Pirellis.

Tyler T grip adapters are still available, just can be tough finding them. Check eBay and Gunbroker.

McIII

Bearcat
If you don't find any grips for your Police Service Six, start a "conversation" (the little envelope at upper right) with me and I can take of your grip problem.
Got the grip panels today. Very satisfied. Thanks once again. My check get there?

Latest posts