Police Service Six. 2 3/4" Stainless value.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckeyevet

Single-Sixer
Anyone know current value of Police Service Six 2 3/4" stsinless 357 Magnum. Good Condition no box

Difficult to say without seeing it, but at least $550-600 unless it has some noticeable hickies, and if it's mechanically sound. At least that's the bottom end around here.

They can go from $350-$1200 depending on where it is being sold/bought (and the condition). Really depends on where you are located in the US (or where you are wanting to buy/sell). Prices can/will vary WIDELY depending on where the gun is being sold - South, typically less expensive, West and Northeast a whole lot more, mid US, pretty average.

Advertise on line on a forum like this and some people will say that's a great deal while others from a different region will say it's way over priced.

Last edited:

buckeyevet

Single-Sixer
They can go from $350-$1200 depending on where it is being sold/bought (and the condition). Really depends on where you are located in the US (or where you are wanting to buy/sell). Prices can/will vary WIDELY depending on where the gun is being sold - South, typically less expensive, West and Northeast a whole lot more, mid US, pretty average.

Advertise on line on a forum like this and some people will say that's a great deal while others from a different reagion will say it's way over priced.

buckeyevet

Single-Sixer
Thank You, we have dealt before, it is in very good condition. Correct grips no box

Attachments

• 20230327_180040.jpg
    20230327_180040.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 89
Calfiornia's crazy laws make any double action handgun manufactured less than 50 years ago impossible to bring in from out of state. For that reason Six Series Rugers bring a premium from those of us here who know how valuable they are.

And the fixed sight models seem to be the least common here. It took me over ten years to find three examples that I wanted at a price I could afford.

buckeyevet

Single-Sixer
Thank You, I lived in San Diego from 87-2010. I remember that. One person offered me $350. NO WAY.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I can't see the serial number or the left side of the barrel to know whether it is a pre-warning gun, but that matters for valuation. That model (GF-32) was only cataloged for a couple years (73-74) in the early pre-warning days, but some were in fact made later with the warning statement. Either way, the snubby .357 Service Six in stainless is pretty scarce. I have a 151 prefix pre-warning example in the red box, and a consecutive pair of warning guns in the 159 prefix NIB w/shippers.

Now as to CA, I had always heard that the reason Ruger -Six series DA's were not on the CA approved list was that CA DOJ required the manufacturer to send them five examples for hammer strike safety testing. And since these were already out of production when that rule went into effect, Ruger (a.) may not have had any on hand to send, and (b.) had no motivation to do so since all such guns were used and Ruger makes no money on used guns - they preferred to sell new GP100's.

hittman

Staff member
My stainless 357 2.75 inch is in the 156-998xx range, with the warning statement.
The blue one is 152-518xx and marked as the "200th Year ….." thing.

Not sure about Alaska but when I was living in Idaho a clean example such as yours would go from $600 to possibly as high as $700. Obviously yours is in good condition, but another factor on price is how long you are willing to wait to get your price. The higher you price it the longer it will take to find a buyer that's willing to spend that amount of money.