Pockeg holster for LCR with Laser Grips?? Please help!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
Can someone please recommend some pocket holsters for my LCR with factory Laser Grips?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)
Fossils

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
The Desantis Nemesis is one of the best pocket holsters going.

I find the LCR too big for pocket carry. YMMV.

Rob1109

Bearcat
fossils and guns":1qut0ex4 said:
Can someone please recommend some pocket holsters for my LCR with factory Laser Grips?

Fossils

Whatever works for the SP101....also depends how you plan to carry; IWB, OWB, Ankle, Front pocket. I found in jeans the LCR is just a tad too long/big in the grip for the front pocket. Going to try some IWB/OWB. Want to try a FOBUS paddle w/adj. cant (read 360deg.) for strong/weak/cross draw sides. Best.....

gwnorth

Bearcat
Check out highnoon's Pocket Grabber. The specifically mention the LCP with and without Crimson trace grips. For the LCR they don't make the distinction but you call and be sure it would work (can't see why it would not). High noon's workmanship is superb, but they do sometimes have a long wait.

EnzNow

Bearcat
I got a pocket holster from Simply Rugged & think that its a bit big for right front pocket carry. It has a big, broad, flat bottom, & doesn't fit into jeans too well. Great for cargo pants tho, quality product. Just put money down on a RKBA LCR 1 pocket holster. I like the curved bottom, & I hope it will make pocket carry easier. Still haven't got or seen it tho. I'll let you know, when it comes in.

-EnzNow

Quigley

Bearcat
Friends,

I carry my LCR with Crimson Trace Grips in a RKBA 1 pocket holster.
It fits just fine in either my blue jeans or khakis.

I ordered it in natural color, but I should have requested black.
With black color, the LCR and pocket holster look like one unit, not like a black revolver stuck in a natural holster.

Q

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I tried the Desantis Nemesis and it didn't fit very well at all (not nearly as well as my LCP and 642 fit in their Nemesis holsters), I'm taking it back.

winterwood

Single-Sixer
Don't now about the pocket holsters, but as mentioned before in other discussions here, the Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake works great for strong side straight vertical or forward cant carry (IWB or OWB) and straight vertical crossdraw (IWB or OWB). Just remember to order the IWB straps. The easy off and on also allows simple attachment to the lap belt when driving for an extended time. The LCR is even well protected if stuffed beside or under a seat. All in all, I really like it and it has become my primary carry everyday.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
highnoonLCRsmall.jpg

HIGH NOON!

Ask Michael about the laser grips.
He's very helpful.

[email protected]

I currently use two HN holsters for my LCR.

hn6.jpg

lcrctlarge-small.jpg

Here is my Review:
http://cz-zone-2.angelfire.com/HighNoon-LCR.html

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
Quigley":3bpt1bqy said:
Friends,

With black color, the LCR and pocket holster look like one unit, not like a black revolver stuck in a natural holster.

Can you post a link?!

EnzNow

Bearcat
fossils and guns":1wyt9z6i said:
Quigley":1wyt9z6i said:
Friends,

Can you post a link?!

Halfway down the page... http://www.rkbaholsters.com/Products.htm

-EnzNow

mike-h

Bearcat
fossils and guns":34x1pmo9 said:

Fossils

From our experience, here's an idea that might help you started holster-wise on the cheap > for our LCRs we purchased two (2) 'Uncle Mike's' holsters at our gun range, @ $14 - color: black, which matches LCR color:

1) an "Inside The Pant Holster" - size zero fits 2-3" small revolvers. This fits good, has clip-on to place inside your waste band and clip.
2) an "Inside The Pocket Holster" - size 3, fits 2-5 shot revolvers. This fits in pocket or a purse and protects the gun from lint, coins, etc. and provide ease of draw.

We found many Uncle Mike models at our range outlet, tried our LCR in many choices for fit, looks and function - - deciding on the above two.

So far these seem adequate for our needs and, at this time, do not feel necessity to explore more costly holsters, especially sight unseen.

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the advice folks. I decided to go with Quigley's advice and get a RKBA 1 pocket holster. I'm excited, I think it's going to work great.

slemers

Bearcat
fossils and guns":a6fld7s8 said:
Thanks for all the advice folks. I decided to go with Quigley's advice and get a RKBA 1 pocket holster. I'm excited, I think it's going to work great.

I have the RKBA 1 and it works well. The LCR/holster works fine in cargo pants. A bit too tight for most of my blue jeans though. I'm shooting with Stephen in the morning @Clark Rifle tomorrow.