Plug Gauges you can afford...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Merry Christmas,
I finally found individual plug gauges. They are about $3 each and the shipping was very quick. So for $30, I have plug gauges...finally.
I picked 10 gauges, five each for .44 and .45 calibers, all I need for now.
I bought the "M" or minus tolerance. See enclosed material. They are in .001 increments, which is also good enough for my needs. I believe that I can "guess" the diameter within 0.0005" by feeling the amount of "looseness" of fit.
Very nice polish; excellent and I'm highly satisfied. My i.d. calipers are decent for throat measurement, if the throats are polished, and I can get within one mil, but these are super.
You can get 4-place-decimal if preferred at higher cost.

www.carrlane.com or 314-647-6200 (no dog in this race)
PLUG GAGES by Carr Lane out of St. Louis, Mo.
.001" Increments
For 4-place-decimal gages see:
Plug Gages–.0001" Increments

FEATURES: Durable, precision gage pins for production gaging. Plug Gages are hardened and cold stabilized. They are precision lapped to a 10-microinch surface finish, with ends ground square. Gage diameter is electro-etched on each pin. All gages are 2" long. Applications include checking hole sizes, measuring hole locations, measuring distance between holes, and checking slot sizes.

SIZES: Available from stock in any size from .011" to 1.000" in .001" increments. Specify either P (Plus) or M (Minus) tolerance when ordering. Example: CL-.018M
(.018" pin dia, Minus tolerance)

TOLERANCES: Standard tolerances for these production gages are +.0002/-.0000 (Plus) and +.0000/-.0002 (Minus), known as "Class ZZ". In most applications, GO gages should have a Plus tolerance and NO-GO gages should have a Minus tolerance. This keeps the gage's tolerance within the workpiece's tolerance at all times, and allows for wear of the GO gage.

SPECIALS: Plug Gages are readily available in .0001" increments, as specials. For reference gaging, Plug Gages are also available with "Class X" tolerances, +.00004/-.00000 (Plus) and +.00000/-.00004 (Minus).

MATERIAL: 52100 steel, heat treated Rc 60-62.

Pluggauges.jpg

pluggauge.jpg

Buy yourself a Christmas present, or talk sweetly to your wife.
Sonnytoo

edlmann

Blackhawk
Sonnytoo":14gd00ve said:
I finally found individual plug gauges. They are about $3 each and the shipping was very quick. So for $30, I have plug gauges...finally.
I picked 10 gauges, five each for .44 and .45 calibers, all I need for now.

I bought a set covering the range .251 to .500 from this eBay seller. I can also check .32/.38&.357/.40/.41, etc.

3f_1_b.JPG

Note that the seller lists the same item for three different prices. Go figure.

Latest posts