Plethora of TV Geezer-Channels

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Seems I'm discovering a whole bunch more old-time TV channels on my cable-vision.

Just today I watched a very young Robert Redford playing a bit part on Maverick.

And as I watched an early Gunsmoke today, with Chester (pre-Festus), I was amused to see the motion-picture rating warning at the beginning of the show of "Mild Violence". A few seconds later, the opening screen showed Matt Dillon gunning down a bad guy. :mrgreen: On this same episode, a much younger Strother Martin had a little part, years before he was promoted to Captain on Cool Hand Luke. 8)

Love this old stuff.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Yup, they don't have to pay the actors for reruns that are that old.

pete44ru

Hunter

I'm noticing plenty of movie & TV actors/actress' doing gigs for various product commercials - whatever pays the bills, I guess.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
We got them also.

I like Wagon Train, Rawhide and the Rifleman but you can have The Lone Ranger, The Cisco Kid and F Troop. :D

pick your favorites. http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=western&title_type=tv_series

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I watch "GRIT" while eating lunch. They seem to be locked into "Laramie" and "Walker, Texas Ranger" but maybe that's just what happens to be on at noon.

opos

Buckeye
We got several of the channels that play lots of oldies..I watch Hoppy, Lone, Zorro, the old Legend of Wyatt Earp (ever notice he's got really fancy shirts with puffy sleeves?)....My Daughter was teasing me about it but she stopped when I said I'd have to either watch the never ending Pope tour followings or Lawrence Welk's show..she went for the Lone Ranger..The old black and white Lone Ranger shows are great but the later ones in color are disappointing...a guy in a mask with a blue skin tight jump suit and a red scarf and lots of silver doo dads on his holster....that spends all day with an Indian...is very suspect.

I catch some newer reruns, 90's, of In the Heat of the Night, Seinfeld, and Law & Order. Kinda got burned out with Rawhide, Gunsmoke, etc. I do watch the older big screen movies though....

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Dave, I'm with you. I may be old enough to have seen those old movies, but I'm too old to remember them. :) I like Some of the ones you mentioned. I watch Law and Order, NYPD Blue, Blue Bloods, Seinfeld, Heat of the night, Frazier (makes me laugh).

pete44ru

Hunter
Heliman said:
I catch some newer reruns, 90's, of In the Heat of the Night, Seinfeld, and Law & Order. Kinda got burned out with Rawhide, Gunsmoke, etc. I do watch the older big screen movies though....

For a few years before I retired (in 2004), I had a co-worker that was part of the cast of "In The Heat Of The Night" reruns, as a deputy.

From time to time, he had some interesting things to relate. :roll:

bobski

Hunter
its when acting really was acting.
i still hate canned laughter though.............
and i still hate gilligans island, f-troop, and green acres.

blackhawknj

Buckeye
The studois and networks finally wised up to the value of those old programs, that there is a market for them.

Latest posts