Please recommend Crimson Trace grip, or LaserMax center

Help Support Ruger Forum:

billccm

Bearcat
Happy New Year!

I own a LCR 38 special and really like it (had it almost three years).

For Christmas, I bought my wife a LCR 22lr and we are ready to try it at the range soon.

I would like to get her a Laser sight, and am looking for recommendations. The research so far seems to learn toward the Crimson Trace grip, but I also like the looks (simple mount) of the LaserMax Center Fire. The Center Fire is way lower in costs, but when it comes to firearms, I generally do not skimp.

Perhaps I will get the CenterFire for my LCR 38 and the Crimson for my wifes LCR 22?

I would welcome any opinions and advice!

Take care, Bill

contender

Ruger Guru
I have studied lasers a fair amount, and found that for MY money, I fully prefer Crimson Trace. So, that is what I bought. Their customer service is top notch, they are constantly working on increasing efficiency, and they give discounts to NRA instructors. They support the NRA a lot quicker at many levels.
The lasermax appears to be ok, but I tend to prefer a grip mounted laser to keep it's zero from shifting when I disassemble my gun for cleaning etc.

josp

Bearcat
We sell CT grips and have never had any problems with them. Even have one on a J frame rental gun and G19 rental gun for over 8 years. Except for the occasional battery change, no problems or shifting of laser. Won't mention the other brand, far too many problems. I suppose you get what you pay for in lasers.

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Crimson Trace makes good lasers and attaches them to great grips. Both my wife's and daughter-in-laws M637 wears a pair. For night time use, in the bedroom or on the street, I don't think you could do better. The grips are good enough that I'd gladly buy a pair sans the laser for my Smith M60 were they available. HTH's Rod

contender said:
I have studied lasers a fair amount, and found that for MY money, I fully prefer Crimson Trace. So, that is what I bought. Their customer service is top notch, they are constantly working on increasing efficiency, and they give discounts to NRA instructors. They support the NRA a lot quicker at many levels.
The lasermax appears to be ok, but I tend to prefer a grip mounted laser to keep it's zero from shifting when I disassemble my gun for cleaning etc.

+1 I have the same thing for the LCR my wife has.