PLEASE READ 480-Ruger BLACKHAWK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

240gr&up

Bearcat
Ruger started a new program, called "TELL THE CEO". I beg everyone who reads this thread to use it to request a 480 Blackhawk Bisley 5 shot. Please take a minute to hound the CEO into msking our dream come true. There is a link at the bottom of what I wrote. If you dont want to spend alot of time please, just respond by telling them 480 Blackhawk. All your help would be great! Start threads on other websites you use to. Thanks, Dan

Dear Sir,
PLease consider releasing your fine 480 ruger in a 5 shot Bisley model. I've been a fan & proud owner of your SBH line for 20 year now. Your SRH in 480 Ruger is a fine firearm, but the big bore Bisley is a hunters dream. Theres a new movement in the revolver world fueled by customizers of single action handguns like Bowen, Linebaugh, & others. The average man would love to own one of these 5 shot big bores, but with pricing over $2000. for most it's an unobtainable dream. I've been hearing alot of the same on various Hunting forums... begging for a 480 Blackhawk with Bisley grip, and a 5-shot cylinder.
So sir, I plan to urge others to take advantage of this well thought out program (Tell The CEO), ... and do just that. Let see if anyone is really listening to what there consumers (and fans) really want. Thank you for your time.

Dan
http://ruger.com/resources/tellTheCEO.html

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The "tell the CEO" has been there for a while now actually. As for the request, I see folks that want these 5 shots but seeing how well the 480 has gone over in other platforms, I just don't see it coming back around. It simply got overshadowed by the .460 and .500's.
Stranger things have happened though.

tek4260

Buckeye
BlkHawk73":2pwtgls3 said:
The "tell the CEO" has been there for a while now actually. As for the request, I see folks that want these 5 shots but seeing how well the 480 has gone over in other platforms, I just don't see it coming back around. It simply got overshadowed by the .460 and .500's.

Stranger things like an overgrown 32 :(

Ruber

Single-Sixer
:lol: Ahhh... Tek4260,

That made milk come out my nose!!!

I feel for you, I'd love a nice SA in 480 Ruger...

240gr&up

Bearcat
I like my SRH but I love my SBH. I think the Single Action line is Rugers bread & butter. And with the Bisley grip frame which is known for killing recoil, the 480 bisley blackhawk should be the perfect storm. I wouldn't want a Casaull or Linebaugh in the lighter weight blackhawk platform. But again that low pressure 480 should be the bee's knees!

240gr&up

Bearcat
I think if we can get 50-100 people to post the same want, maybe they would do it. Its not uncommon for Ruger to do low production runs, or maybe Davidsons would do a limited order? worth a try.

please click the link and type " 480 Ruger Bisley Blackhawk"

Thanks,
-Dan

oregon73

Blackhawk
tek4260":21yd981c said:
BlkHawk73":21yd981c said:

Stranger things like an overgrown 32 :(

:D :D :D

Rob

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
you can buy a magnum research BFR 480/475 for less then a grand.

I can understand wanting a ruger version. but there are affordable options.

tek4260

Buckeye
Bought a 475 BFR about 3 weeks ago when the 327 was announced. Still think it would be a wise move on Ruger's part to offer a 480 Blackhawk. If they had introduced it instead of the 327, there would not be a couple here still for sale in the Classifieds after about a week, like the 327 Blackhawks are. Also there wouldn't be threads where folks are defending the offering with every breath and trying to put down those who are less than thrilled with Ruger's latest offering. A 480 Blackhawk introduction would be received like the mid framed 44 Special IMHO.

If the 327 had been introduced in the Single Six, I would already own one. If the 480 Blackhawk comes out, I will order 2 to start with... :D

demo_slug

Single-Sixer
tek4260":2y09sbbu said:
Bought a 475 BFR about 3 weeks ago when the 327 was announced.

did you get a 6.5" one? I haven't seen a 6.5" yet. have you posted pictures? I'd like to see. please. please EDIT: I found your post.thanks.

in regards to the 327 8 shot BH. I think it will grow on peeps. with 8 shots, its probably a viable home defense single action. although it might be too loud for close quarters. I shoot my SA ruger's so much, that I'm getting kinda goofy with my auto.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
tek4260":1znhp07s said:
If the 327 had been introduced in the Single Six, I would already own one. If the 480 Blackhawk comes out, I will order 2 to start with... :D
EXACYLY RIGHT! (Except one .480 SBH would do me :wink: ) I think that unless Ruger DOES build a SA .480, the cartridge itself is headed for the "obsolete" list in the future. If one has to sell the fir$tborn to buy a FA or BFR BIGbore, most will go for the .475 Linebaugh I reckon. (Maybe the .480 will linger as a ".475 Special" in those guns!)..JMO, Dennis :?

I'D LIKE TO SEE THE 480 BLACKAWK BUT NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY RUGER DIDN'T EXPLOIT THIS CARTRIDGE MORE. SEEMS LIKE THEY CREATED IT, PUT IT IN THE REDHAWK AND FORGOT ABOUT IT. iT MAY BE TOO LATE TO DRAG IT BACK INTO THE LIME LIGHT WITH S&W's 460 AND 500 OFFERINGS.
I BELIEVE IT WOULD MAKE A DANDY ROUND FOR HUNTING DEER SIZED CRITTERS ON UP BUT THERE HAVE BEEN VERY LIMITED COMMERCIAL OFFERINGS AND TO GET THE FULL POTENTIAL YOU HAVE TO HANDLOAD.

(sorry for the caps, caps lock was on and I don't feel like typing it over)

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
Why put the 480 in a Blackhawk?

Because some people find the Redhawk heavy, clunky and akward. Some people find that Blackhawks, particularly Bisleys, point naturally and handle recoil much better than any other gun on the market!

Why the 480 rather than the 454 Casull? Because it offeres more powerful ballistics than the 44 Magnum, without resorting to 60,000 PSI pressures. The advantage is that the 480 should be as easy to reload as the 44 Magnum.

maxpress

Buckeye
quote: tek4260
If the 327 had been introduced in the Single Six, I would already own one

AMEN BROTHER. i kinda hope they dont to soon cause i will be out about $1500 for getting one to convert to birdshead and then a standard 5.5 hopefully in stainless. like the round but i dont agree with the guns they are using for them. (except the SP)