PLEASE OH PLEASE - RUGER 1A S/S .223

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gonfishn

Bearcat
Not to harp on this BUT I think it's time for a new issue of the fabled #1A in stainless steel, with select walnut wood, in .223 caliber. Now I know there's going to be all kinds of opinions out there with everyone wanting their own favorite caliber in a "new" issue 1A. The point being here though is going with a popular modern caliber vs a popular "old time" caliber (be that gets ya'll going :) I also realize that I'm too late in "wishing" as production probably already set, but I'd love to see this particular configuration.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I do love the Lipsey's K1As, but if a 223 version is next, I'll have to pass. Just no interest in any cartridge hosting the 223 cal.

picketpin

Buckeye
Like MANY things #1, I got tired of waiting and simply bought a 223 AB some years back and swapped forearms to the Alex Henry and installed the barrel band.

Out of all my #1s there exactly ONE "A". Never going to use the sights and they just get in the way when mounting a scope and often preclude low rings predicated on scope choice. On the other hand I do have 5 "S"s with sights but that's just because they look better, the "Classic Single Shot" IMHO

RWT