Plan on runnin' and gunnin' ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41Dude

Single-Sixer
I was shopping at my local gun store. Watching folks purchase ammo. (Yes, I bought more.) ;)
Got me thinking. How much ammo is enough. If things go south, I do not see myself at the range burning up my supply. And I do not see myself in camo fighting bad guys (I hope.)
I suppose the question can fit all sorts of supplies. How much is enough?

Each of us will have different ideas of "enough."
Myself, I am a high-volume shooter. I just like to shoot rifles, shotguns and handguns. I handload and keep a fair amount of ammo and components on hand. I am over not buying primers for 5.99 a thousand on sale, yeah there 120 a thousand now. I also bought a used 4x4 pickup back then for 6500, a few years ago a bought a used 4x4 pickup for 55,000. Times change as costs of everything else does also. I suggest to buy a little at a time as much as you feel you want. Then that's enough.

epags

Single-Sixer
Enough to take whatever you need from other people ;)
;) I lived next door to an Elder of the Mormon church. During an extended power outage he stopped by to borrow a hand operated can opener. Seemed all he had was an electric one. FWIW, Mormons are expected to maintain a 6 month to one year supply of non-perishable foods.
So I laughed and made the comment "Well I don't have a year's supply of food but I have a gun and know someone who does have a food supply."
He laughed back and said "Besides the food supply I also have guns."

Point being, don't count on 'enough to take whatever you need..." You might end up being in an extendedl fire fight and need more than you thought.:ROFLMAO:

;) I lived next door to an Elder of the Mormon church. During an extended power outage he stopped by to borrow a hand operated can opener. Seemed all he had was an electric one. FWIW, Mormons are expected to maintain a 6 month to one year supply of non-perishable foods.
So I laughed and made the comment "Well I don't have a year's supply of food but I have a gun and know someone who does have a food supply."
He laughed back and said "Besides the food supply I also have guns."

Point being, don't count on 'enough to take whatever you need..." You might end up being in an extendedl fire fight and need more than you thought.:ROFLMAO:
These did pretty good in past fights. I think they might still have a fight left in them. Notice the Garand clips with the funny black tipped rounds. They will punch thru just about anything but a tank. You can run but you can't hide :) :)
:)

1702067067167.png

There could easily be a time when none is available. What you have may become all you will ever have.
That is one of the reasons we have always bought anytime we visit the gun shops. Even if no firearm catches our eye no problem just to pick up a few boxes here and there of whatever strikes our fancy.

Latest posts