Plain Jane 10/22RB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ran across this today. I always check out the 10/22s when I'm visiting any gun shop and was surprised to find this nice used one in almost perfect condition. It's a 2005 model so metal trigger assembly and barrel band. That's what I look for. Not sure about the BSA 4x32 "22 Special" scope but I'll give it a chance. Probably at least remount it because it's setting a little high to my liking. I assuredly didn't need another 10/22 but who could walk away from one this nice?

24rkzi9l.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I kinda did that about 6 weeks ago. I stopped in a pawn shop,, and since there weren't any Ruger handguns I wanted,, I checked the rifle racks. Well, about 1/2 dozen 10/22's. I quickly saw a nice walnut stocked older one. The price out the door was very fair,, so it moved away from a cold, uncaring empty pawn shop,, to a warm, loving Ruger family. :D

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Recently (a year or so ago), I got one of the M-1 configured 10/22s and got an International for my wife (yeah, sure!!). Trouble is, she likes it!!

hittman

Staff member
There's nothing like the classic "plain Jane" 10/22. I paid a premium price for one a couple years ago because a friend offered it, he bought it NEW in 1969, came with the K-Mart brand scope he put on it in 1969, beautiful walnut ….. just can't beat them.

Congrats! (y)

Seeing one of these always warms my heart. A 10/22 like this was my very first real firearm...1983 at Gemco in Torrance, CA. I paid $89.99 and walked out the door without waiting. I was not a young kid at the time, I just arrived 3 months before from Germany (never owned a real gun before). That was now almost 40 years ago and the 10/22 is still a bargain.

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Good for you. Looks to be in fantastic condition and perhaps fired little. Looks like the one I bought back around 68. Serial no. dated it to a 1966 made 10/22. Can't beat the walnut and glossy bluing of the early ones. Give the scope a chance. Sometimes even the inexpensive scopes give good accuracy.

Latest posts