Pistol Powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
stevemb said:
A further thought. Even as supply catches up, the factories may not want to run much of the old favorites. The "market" may be forcibly weaning us over to newer powders. Reasons ? Marketing, cost,safety,ease of production, etc.. I cannot go buy a new Jeep Comanche truck, as much as I miss mine. If I could it wouldn't have the much loved inline 6 cyl., either. Reality.
I think if they stopped making Unique half the reloaders in the US would have a stroke or something. :D

cadillo

Blackhawk
cherokeetracker said:
cadillo said:
No luck on the net, but finally found one 8 lb. jug of Unique ( no one pounders) priced at $219.99 at of all places a local pawn shop that sells guns and components. I asked if he could do any better, and he brought it down to $199.99. I hated to do it at that price, but I was down to less than half a pound of Unique, so I did it. I know that it's still a bit high, but with Obummer foaming at the mouth with pen in hand, I figured that I better get it while I could. I think that with tax, it came out at about $27.00 per lb. out the door.

Now if I can just find some 231, and some WST for .45acp, I'd be a little more at ease.

Does your NO LUCK on the net include gunbot.net ? I know it is tough to pay a haz fee, but this website will help tell you where stuff is, and usually when they got it in. It has ammo and components both.

That's a handy website. THX!

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Found one pound of 2400 in my closest Bass Pro Shop today (Cary location for those of you in NC); that is the 2nd time in about a month that I have stopped in and found a pound on the shelf. They did have quite a bit of H110, Red and Green Dot and a lot of rifle powders. Also picked up some more Starline 45 Colt brass.

Srb08

Single-Sixer
There's a reloading store/gun shop in my area that has pretty much any powder you want. In the last few months I've bought, 231 (8lbs-$159), Unique, Power Pistol, 2400, Longshot, HS-6, 700x and Titegroup.
When I was in there this week, the owner told me the drought is over and he can get pretty much any powder he orders. He's had a good supply for a couple of months now. His prices aren't pre hysteria low but they aren't outrageous. Most powders are between $20-$25,a pound, in one pound cans.
When I was in Kansas last week, I stopped in a gun store and asked about availability and was told the cupboard is still bare.
I wonder if this is regional thing, or the guy with ample stock is just well connected. He's been in the business for 40+ years and knows everyone in the industry.

XP100

Blackhawk
I just got 10 1lb. jugs of Unique, first in over 2 years. It will probably sell fast.