Pictures of Single Six Hunters?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I ordered a Single Six Hunter a few weeks ago, and I can't wait for it to come in. I'd love to see some pictures of some if y'all have them. Also, how does it feel (balance wise) and how does it shoot (LR and WMR).

Thanks.

Sturgell

Bearcat
ibboatin28":2l4aim1k said:
Mines in .17.

rugermodel0663Catknr7-17hunter.jpg

Fixed it for you.

Pal Val

Buckeye
My apology for the lackof a photo. As to balance, my Single Six Hunter , with a Leupold 2X scope attached, is nose-heavy, but I like it like that. It's a very steady pointer. I get the best accuracy with the .22 mag, but the fun factor from shooting cheap and plentiful .22 LR keeps me shooting them every time I go to the range.

I saw a red fox in the woods while hunting for deer last Saturday. I'm taking my Single Six loaded with .22 mags with me Saturday just in case I see it again.

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I figured the mags would be more accurate, but I wasn't sure. I have only shot a 22 mag out of a NAA Black Widow, so I'm looking forward to shooting it out of a full-size revolver.

ibboatin28

Single-Sixer
They are a little nose heavy but thats OK. As to how they shoot, I done a lot of plinking with mine but really haven't tried it on the targets. I'll probably have to scope it first. I've shot it lots more with the M2 cylinder. I really like the M2 and it's a whole lot cheaper and more pleasant to shoot.

Randy

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Bought the Bisley parts and had them all fitted by Gallagher. Thought up the medallion idea myself and had 'em made.

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I might have to consider that for mine. First, I'll have to see how I like the stock grip configuration. Where did you go to order the parts, if you don't mind my asking?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
StonewallRuger":3gd212jp said:
I might have to consider that for mine. First, I'll have to see how I like the stock grip configuration. Where did you go to order the parts, if you don't mind my asking?

Got them from Midway. Besides the obvious (grip frame, trigger, hammer)you'll need the hex head grip frame screws and easiest to get new grip panel locator pin and the trigger spring retaining pin.
I just prefer the Bisley over the standard style and when the gun presented itself, I immediately knew I'd have it Bisley-ized.

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Sorry to ask so many questions, but, is there a particular Bisley grip frame that fits the Single Six (i.e., model number), or do I just go to Midway and enter in the type of gun I have and it pulls it up for me?

Thanks for your help.

djw54

Single-Sixer
StonewallRuger":he19s97m said:
Sorry to ask so many questions, but, is there a particular Bisley grip frame that fits the Single Six (i.e., model number), or do I just go to Midway and enter in the type of gun I have and it pulls it up for me?

Thanks for your help.

You got it. BTW, the same frame fits the Blackhawk and the Single Six.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The factory grip frame will fit 'em all. It will undoubtedly need the final fitting (ear height) and surface finish work/polishing but it's work fine. The hammer and trigger are different for the models though so those parts you'll need Bisley Single Six parts. Probably would need to buy the blued Bisley Single Six hammer and polish it as actual stainless ones are hiding with the hen's teeth.