Pictures of my Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Will Farr

Bearcat
RaysGuns001.jpg

Stainless DA's pretty much stock. Holly grips on the Security Six.

RaysGuns002.jpg

My Flat Tops----(top) unaltered 357 with homemade cow bone grips. Single Six 22 with homemade Texas ebony grips. Wood came from a hurricane blowdown on the King Ranch. (Bottom) 44MAG, 7 1/2" barrrel. Homemade elk horn grips, reportedly from the biggest elk killed in Colorado in 1948.

RaysGuns003.jpg

NM Super Blackhawk---topstrap flattened, backstrap straightened, standard hammer, cow bone grips. Old model Blackhawk---topstrap flattened, gripframe polished, holly grips. Originally a 357, converted to 44 SPL by Alan Harton.

RaysGuns004.jpg

My Vaqueros---(from top) Big Vaquero 45 LC, horse bone grips. 2 New Vaqueros, both 45 LC, horse bone grips on blued gun, cow bone on stainless gun. All engraved (somewhat crudely) by me. Always wanted one of them shiny pistols with cattle brands engraved on it.

RaysGuns005.jpg

Another view of the Vaqueros.

RaysGuns006.jpg

And here they are again.

RaysGuns015.jpg

The Vaqueros in homemade holsters (commonly called "skalberts" here in east Texas.) Most useful is the IWB.

RaysGuns017.jpg

Here they are again with my sho-nuff carry gun and its homemade IWB.

dougader

Hunter
I think you do great work. Them's nice lookin' shootin' irons; and the leather too. No kidding.

street

Hunter
Wow! ! ! ! I hate people that can do that. "No not really". If I could, every gun that I had would be engraved.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
I was just gonna ask.... who made those awesome holsters? But... I guess you did!!

WOW.... super job on the holsters... the guns are great too!

Thanks for sharing!

Will Farr

Bearcat
maxpress--All of the blades shown in the pictures came from Atlanta Cutlery. I reshaped some of them, made the handles, and engraved the blades on most of them. The dagger you asked about has some of the same horse bone that I used on 2 of the Vaqueros.

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Extremely nice collection there. Your Harton 44 special looks very similar to "Skeeter's last sixgun" featured many years ago in G&A. Quality work throughout.

captainkirk

americal

Hunter
Thanks for posting of your FINE Rugers--really like the vaqueros esp. the one with the brownish cylinder frame 8) I am guessing that is from use :) again liked it ALL :!: :!:

TiteGroups

Blackhawk
Love those Vaqueros and the 1911. Looking at your avatar, have you ever read "Confederates in the Attic"?

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Great lookin' iron Will...you've got some talent...and the leather compliments the beauty of the guns. Has anyone volunteered to be your beneficiary yet?....Sign me up, Padnuh. Rodfac