Pics from the homefront....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Here are a few random shots from last year, or early this year... I don't have a good camera, or the time to really use one, but I try and document what I can in pics or video....
Hope they don't hurt the eyes to much.... ;)

413917569.jpg

This is a pic from the trapline.. facing north easterly..... East of my homestead about 4 miles or so......

413917567.jpg

This photo is from nearly the same spot facing west.. The bump at the top of the clouds is actually Denali... I picked a bad day to take the pic...

413917566.jpg

A bright moon on a freight run into town... It was pretty cold but a good morning to run the river.. I try and start out about, O dark:30, just in case of complications on the trail.....

413916691.jpg

The beginnings of a bridge, across an overflow creek, that can block me from getting the ATV across. My cabin is on the north side and the river is to the south. In spring snow melt and wet summers it can go out of its banks, and gets to deep for my four wheeler. Hopefully this fall it will be more than a foot bridge. I need to deck it, so my wheelers can cross in times of high water. It might not look like much, but a guy who has a weekend cabin near here, almost drown when his wheeler got swept down stream and pinned him against a fallen birch tree. This happened on the main trail where the creek runs wider... This little bridge is on my property just abot 50 yards south of the trapper cabin....

413916689.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality shot. I took this with my phone just as dark arrived. A very pregnant moose decided to claim my yard for a month or so.. In the right hand corner you can see my bear dog, "Kaksi", giving it the riot act... We could chase her off, but she would always come back.... She eventually moved off....

413916688.jpg

Hauling lumber up to the cabin from the river... I made outriggers to bolt to my racks, so I can carry 2x4's etc, without having to use a trailer.....

Joe S.

Hunter
Thanks for sharing. Just the other day, I was telling someone about the pics I have seen of yours in the past. Living the dream.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I'm just sorry I don't have a better camera... The new digital ones... either SLR or compact, just don't seem to hold up to the elemets long enough to justify the expense.....
But here are a few more...

ayLrXV4.jpg

Here is a down cotton wood... One of two at the mouth of the canyon.. I put my .44 on the tree to show size.... I have more than a few of these monsters in the area...

PAMNRdb.jpg

The first paddle of the seson happened about the 20th of may. There are a few inter connected lake near my place. There are trout in them, but no takers that day...

Je4Zkfp.jpg

Taken from the same lake.. The mountain in the back ground is on the south side of the Talkeetna river... At the very far center of the pic is a beaver dam, and beyond it another lake....

I've spent a good portion of my life bumming around in the Cascades. But I was always able to escape to a warmer place when I'd had enough.

This country is beautiful, but actually living in it is beyond comprehension unless you've done it.

Very nice and very interesting photos.