Picked up my first 3-screw today...Blackhawk Flat-top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VonFatman

Blackhawk
A friend had one he was not shooting and offered it to me...a pretty nice gun that I intend to shoot quite often. Here are a couple pictures.
Serial number 8784...I do not know how old it is but it sure has a nice trigger.

Bob
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Purdy! I don't have a 357 Flattop yet... I'd love one though. They are the perfect size.

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Eric,
Thanks for the D.O.B....This will be my 1st Ruger I can log-in to my C&R Bound Book.

Aeroscout9,
Yes sir, the gun fits like a glove. It's gonna be real happy hanging out with my NM Flat-tops.

gunman42782,
Thanks...I've been on the hunt for an old 3-screw for quite some time...this being a flat-top was a REAL bonus for me!!!

David &29 Wheelgunner,
Thanks!

Bob

G2

Hunter
It sure looks like a gem, congrats,

The NM flattops are neat, But the OM has a totally different feel.

and notice the thickness of the top strap .20 OM vs .25 NM, has allways made me wonder.

contender

Ruger Guru
Very nice!!!! Congrats on you first, (and I'm sure not your last,) Flattop. I did notice that it appears that the front sight has been filed down. How does it shoot?

VonFatman

Blackhawk
Thanks for all the kind words. It's going to the range tonight so I'll be able to tell you all how it shoots. My buddy told me it was a tack driver in his hands. (but he's a good shot!)...in my hands it may not drive tacks...we'll see.

Contender,
I'm not sure about the front sight....but I do not recall seeing any "refinements" having been made to the front blade...I will look closely this afternoon/evening.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
contender":1k0jzfnp said:
Very nice!!!! Congrats on you first, (and I'm sure not your last,) Flattop. I did notice that it appears that the front sight has been filed down. How does it shoot?

Yeah, I saw that too. Probably just right for some heavier loadings.
sonnytoo