Picked up a nice 40th anniversary 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scuffler

Bearcat
I'm stoked I found a nib ruger 10/22 40th anniversary.
It was like the best day ever finding this thing.
Anyone else have one?
I am not sure I can shoot it, it is unfired and I don't know if I could be the one to rob this gun of its virginity.

9x19

Hunter
It was fired before it left the factory... you'd only be bringing it more joy! :D

Aside from the stock medallion, there really isn't anything unique on the 40th anniversary models.

scuffler

Bearcat
Yes your probably right, I know that technically the medallion is all that changes on the gun, but the box and book mention the anniversary too.
But if there is no collector value then It will just be a shooter.

Thanks

9x19

Hunter
scuffler":3epwscb1 said:
Yes your probably right, I know that technically the medallion is all that changes on the gun, but the box and book mention the anniversary too.
But if there is no collector value then It will just be a shooter.

Thanks

Who can predict the fickle nature of collectors? :D

What might be valuable to future generations of those so afflicted is difficult to foresee... so enjoy the gun for what it was intended and let your grand-kids worry about it's collector value!

toysoldier

Hunter
As a long-time viewer of Antiques Roadshow and an omniverous reader of all things guns and ammo, I would say, as a general rule:
If it was made to be collectable, it isn't.
This is equally true of Hummel figurines and Winchester commemorative 94's. Forget Franklin Mint.

That said, in firearms, markings on the gun are more important than a medallion in the stock. Receiver crests seem to command a premium, from an intact chrysanthemum on an Arisaka to an American eagle on a Luger. Mauser 98 collections are built on national crests.