Pic #4 from SHOT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
This gentleman & I were staying at the same hotel,, and we seemed to be riding the same shuttle bus several times. I was able to spend some time talking with him both while waiting on the bus & sharing a seat to the convention hall. M Ayoob told me that he recently registered on the Ruger Forum under his name & had made 1 post. It was about using reloads in SD cases. I haven't found it yet,, and I've wondered if he registered on the other Ruger forum. Still,,, he & I enjoyed quite a bit of time several different days discussing a lot of topics. (PS; if Mass reads this,, I hope the match went well & the weather co-operated!) :D
After talking to him I was able to purchase a recent book of his at a booth that waited until the last day to sell it's display books. I bought his latest one on Concealed Carry" and later that day,, again at the bus stop,, I saw him. He was kind enough to sign the book, & let me get a pic.

mixed039.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Sugar river,, thanks for posting the link to Mas's response. No wonder I missed it as it was 4 pages deep in an older post. I thought he'd just recently joined (like in the last few days before the SHOT Show.)
sixshot; I had to chuckle,,,! :D
I found Mr Ayoob to be not only pleasant,, but he could quote things from memory about a variety of shooting related incidents to the point that I think he must have to discuss the same subjects a lot more than he should have to. Still we discussed a lot of different topics,, including our thoughts about new products at SHOT, & all kinds of chit-chat.
I've admired him for his direct, no BS knowledge for several years,, and while I've bumped into him a few times in the past,, this was the first time we could relax & talk a bit, even if it was just while we waited in line or rode the bus. I felt I could spend a few days delving into shooting subject a lot deeper,, but I preferred to keep it lighter & just enjoy the pleasant conversation.
Definately a highlight of my trip to SHOT.

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Great memories you made there

Gotta love this guy...To this day I still give speeches at my work (I am a corporate accountant) and occasionally break off into a deadpan serious tirade like Ayoob does in his some of his presentations. It does tend to wake people up at 7:00am monday mornings