Photos From 6th Annual Ruger Display Show In Boise Idaho

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
The following photos are from the 6th Annual Ruger Collectors Display Show in Bosie Idaho, January 10 & 11,2015.

First & foremost, I must give public acknowledgement to Hank & Susan Green for their hard work with this year's show! There is a lot of "behind the scenes" work that takes place long before the show weekend arrives that we the displayers don't see. As in past years, another successful show!

This year we had eleven displays presented by seven displayers (two were first time displayers) traveling from California, Utah & various locations in Idaho judged under Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS) judging rules, People's Choice Award & the show promoter.

Ruger Row (that's Terry T in the following four photos)

Following are the top winners for each category;

Under Ruger Owners & Collectors Society (ROCS) judging rules, top honors went to the following;

1st place Novice Class went to "Steve's Favorites" display presented by Steven Joel A

There were no Intermediate Class displays

1st place Advance Class was a tie between two outstanding displays;

"Special Vaquero's" display presented by circlergrugers (Hank G)

"White Box Super Blackhawks 1960-1961" display presented by SteveRuger (Steve A), which was awarded ROCS Best in Show after the tie breaker

Best Ruger of Show (BROS) award went to the Super Single Six with the experimental sand blast finish presented by ubme (Shawn L). A very rare Super Single Six!

Peoples Choice Award, Most Educational Award & the show promoter Lewis Clark Traders Best In Show was awarded to "Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers" display presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

The following photos depicts the show promoter Lewis Clark Traders judging results. From left to right; Terry T (A Few Unusual Vaqueros & New Vaqueros), Randy G (Ruger Flat Bolt Beginning To End 1968 - 1974), Hank G (Special Vaquero's), Dennis C (Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers) & Lewis Clark Traders promoter & his bride.

3rd place winning display in "A Few Unusual Vaqueros & New Vaqueros" presented by Terry T (Terry T)

2nd place winning display was "Ruger Flat Bolt Beginning To End 1968 - 1974" presented by OldRugerMan (Randy G)

1st place winning display was "Special Vaquero's" presented by circlergrugers (Hank G)

Best In Show winning display was "Sturm, Ruger & Company Old Army Revolvers" presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

In addition to the above, below is what I'm calling the "Honorable Mentions" category;

"Ruger Over/Under Shotgun 20 Gauge Made For Orvis" & "Ruger Two Of A Kind Single Shot" display presented by OldRugerMan (Randy G)

"Unique Collectables" display presented by ubme (Shawn L)

"Ruger SP101 The First 20 Years 1989 through 2008" display presented by Terry T (Terry T)

"Sturm, Ruger & Company Speed Six" display presented by lovemydals (Dennis C)

Novice display (no title) presented by BearPawJack (Marlin ?)

I'm hoping that I covered all eleven displays. Just in case I didn't, I apologize in advance.

A really big THANK YOU goes to Hank & Susan G for their effort to make this show a reality. Also, the displayers deserve acknowledgement as well. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to next years show.

Enjoy everyone!

lmd

PS. Being that this show was supported by ROCS (Ruger Owners & Collectors Society), I edited my post to give ROCS credit.

Cholo

Staff member
My vote goes to BearPawJack. He went and put up his display against the veterans. A tip of the hat to Marlin!

Keep a close eye on those Speed Sixes or hittman will have a display next year :wink:

Great pics, lovemydals!

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Congratulations to all the displayers!
It is apparent that a lot of thought and hard work went into those displays.

My favorite was Shawn's Sand Blast Finish Single-Six.....A one gun display in its self... :wink: .

Thanks for sharing.
Terry

contender

Ruger Guru
Another great report about a really nice bunch of displays. Hank & Suzie were at SHOT & we were able to visit a few minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to get back with them. They do a heck of a job.
I see some really nice items, and stuff not often seen. Kudos to all the displayers!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Some great stuff! Thank you!

I still find myself more excited about the "stuff", the memorabilia and non-firearms, than the guns themselves. :)

lovemydals

Buckeye
Thanks everyone! To see close-up photos of Terry T's Vaquero & SP101 displays (actually what is in the displays cases), click on the link below & scroll down.

lmd

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=213246&start=15

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
Thank you for taking time to share and congratulations to all the winners. Every one of them was a nice display. If there is a "hodge podge - no rhyme or reason" category I might could enter!!

Robb