Photobucket and Pictures - A Heads Up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jcart

Single-Sixer
I have noticed many members here use photobucket when posting pictures.
I have clicked on many pictures of for sale items and have been able to look at all
of the pictures on a members photo file.

For security reason's I suggest logging out of photobucket or any other photo supporting site, after you have posted the pic's you want others to see.

Just a thought.

eveled

Hunter
I think it has to do with the privacy setting on photobucket. I thought it only happened if people posted links to the pictures, but you are saying you clicked on the pictures themselves?

bogus bill

Hunter
I found out the same. I forgot how I did it but it just dawned on me I bought a new computer since I hit whatever setting it was. I have a friend on another site and got in his pictures stored. I warned him and we worked with it. It seemed to me you really don't know if your photo bucket site is locked from doing it unless you check it by going to your photo bucket account from a different computer to be sure! I have seen quite a few other peoples pictures the same way.

Pierow

Blackhawk
I know my photobucket account is open as of now because I don't know what settings to change to make the rest of my album private. If someone could post the process that would be great.

Pierow

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
I have mine set to "private" and still can see all my photos.
Others can only see one photo that is linked and not all the rest if you have private folders. I have 70 photos in this folder. See if you can see any others.

Be sure to make your folders 'PRIVATE'

coach

Hunter
I think if you create a separate folder for photos you don't mind other people having access to you are okay. You can create as many folders as you want. Creating new folders is a bit confusing until you get the hang of it.
Edit to say Jimbo already touched on this.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
I can see "Cowboy Bob" and his photos.
I find that a little disturbing. CowboyBob is the name I used on Photobucket. How many pictures can you see?

You see that most of the folders are locked. :roll:

Ethang

Blackhawk
I am not using Photobucket properly then. The only pictures I have on there are for posting on the web. Do you mean there might be more "private" pictures people don't mean to allow access to on gun forums?

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
Jimbo357mag said:
Fox Mike said:
I can see "Cowboy Bob" and his photos.
I find that a little disturbing. CowboyBob is the name I used on Photobucket. How many pictures can you see?

13 but one in the center top is blank

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Fox Mike said:
Jimbo357mag said:
13 but one in the center top is blank
Yeah, I guess they let people see some of our photos whether we want them to or not. Good lesson that PhotoBucket isn't really private, no matter what you do.

I have heard of people having their photos from Facebook and other social media sites being used commercially. That really sucks. :?

Dan in MI

Staff member
The only pics I have on photobucket are posted on line somewhere to begin with.

Cowboy Bob also listed a name associated with it. (JK) It opened on the pic posted and then I was able to click on other cowboy Bob folders.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Dan in MI said:
The only pics I have on photobucket are posted on line somewhere to begin with.

Cowboy Bob also listed a name associated with it. (JK) It opened on the pic posted and then I was able to click on other cowboy Bob folders.
I found out this is because of the 'profile' that you fill out when you start on Photobucket. If your name is at the top of your library, like mine was, you need to go to the profile page and take your name off, so you don't broadcasted it every time somebody clicks on one of your posted pictures.

Wow, I cant believe my name has been up there for 10 years or so. :shock: :shock:

eveled

Hunter
I went in and checked, all your folders are now "private", and can't find your name anymore.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
I can see your name if I click on the picture and go to 'lafmitch's Bucket'. It says F.M.'s library/Photobucket.

If you want to remove your name go to your profile and remove your name. Your account will still work.
*******Find your profile by putting your cursor on the thing that looks like a head next to the 'cart' in the top right. Click on 'profile' then 'edit' and take your name off. It says first name, last name, about you.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
Jimbo357mag said:
I can see your name if I click on the picture and go to 'lafmitch's Bucket'. It says F.M.'s library/Photobucket.

If you want to remove your name go to your profile and remove your name. Your account will still work.
I do not see anything anywhere on Photobucket that say Profile. Where is it located?

Latest posts