Photo skills test;

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm trying to learn how to scan, save, transfer & post regular photos onto my computer & share them here. This one is of me with my antelope in 2001. I hope this works,,,,!

Tyroneantelope.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, it appears I need to work on the sizing of the images. Not bad for my first attempt. (I know, I know, it's not straight!)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Use the "high resolution" option then use a photo-editing program to size/crop the images....

283638645.jpg

Don't even ask me who this is....... :D

flatgate

Snake45

Hawkeye
CDFingers":1t2gb8k3 said:
Flatgate, I have to scan one of my when I was that age with my Mattel Fanner 50. :)

CDFingers
I had one of those, in the late '50s! If you want another, they're quite common on eBay, in all kinds of conditions up to NIB, and they seem to sell for reasonable prices.

At about the same time, I had a large (to me) plastic lever-action rifle. I think it might have been a replica '73 Winchester and might have been made by Marx. Have never seen another like it, even on eBay.

Later I got into the Marx plastic guns--1911, Luger, Detective Special, 1903 Springfield, 2/3 scale M1 Garand, and so forth. The really nice Topper Johnny Eagle series guns--some of the nicest toy guns ever made--came along just after I got "too old" for toy guns. I confess to buying a Johnny Eagle Lieutenant full-size 1911 on eBay a couple years ago. It's a beauty!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Snake45":3eg0kqzk said:
At about the same time, I had a large (to me) plastic lever-action rifle. I think it might have been a replica '73 Winchester and might have been made by Marx.

Toy1.jpg

Toy2.jpg

:D

I only managed to save one "cartridge", having lost the others while playing.

flatgate

PS Yes, I was a Pack Rat. It runs in the Family.............

Snake45

Hawkeye
flatgate":2gvujqdo said:
Snake45":2gvujqdo said:
At about the same time, I had a large (to me) plastic lever-action rifle. I think it might have been a replica '73 Winchester and might have been made by Marx.

Toy1.jpg

Toy2.jpg

flatgate

Very cool! But mine didn't have any metal plates on it, and I think I would have remembered the Mattel name on it. But that's in the ballpark!

contender

Ruger Guru
I wish I knew how to find the "high resolution" on my scanner/copier/printer/fax machine. And I did try to work with the edit features once the pic was in my computer,, but I was not able to save the size increases anywhere. Even photobucket's edit feature didn't do any good.
Gonna play with it more later.
I'm definately a SLOW learner when it come to computers.

contender

Ruger Guru
I KNEW IT!!!! I KNEW IT!!! :D :D
I will be getting Miss Penny to try & instruct this old fashioned, slow learning all thumbs computer idiot later on some things.

contender

Ruger Guru
OooHhhh Gary, can't you tell?? :D
I have to give that dog credit, he didn't bother my lope too much except for wanting a piece of furr to play with. I Cut him off a piece of belly fur & he was one happy pup.
Getting the pic scanned & all wasn't hard. It's getting the size thing down. I have a bunch of "normal" print pictures I could scan, but I haven't found a way to increase their size before I send them to photobucket. I can open them on my computer, get them to enlarge, but not save them at the enlarged size.

Chief 101

Hunter
Hawthorn35.jpg

This one I copied on my scanner from a negative, Brownie camera size neg say "126" if memory gives me any sort of credit. Yea, I would be the little tyke and bro and pa are trying to take my Bluefin from me. Chief aka Maxx Load

street

Hunter
flatgate":2q1q79tm said:
Snake45":2q1q79tm said:

Toy1.jpg

Toy2.jpg

flatgate

One bullet is all you need. If you watch the Rifleman, at the start of his show, he shoot at least 500 times :lol: and when he reloads he only puts one bullit in. So if it's good enought for "Chuck Conners", then it should work ok for you. :lol: :lol:

Snake45

Hawkeye
street":3oyoqa6i said:
One bullet is all you need. If you watch the Rifleman, at the start of his show, he shoot at least 500 times :lol: and when he reloads he only puts one bullit in. So if it's good enought for "Chuck Conners", then it should work ok for you. :lol: :lol:
So that's where Clint Eastwood and "Ramon" got the idea at the end of A Fistfull of Dollars. :lol:

street

Hunter
flatgate":1wcwtnx3 said:
Ah, Contender, my friend, I cheat.....

Apple Macintosh!

flatgate

Yes, I cheat too. I use Photoshop. If you don't have the best camera in the world, and like me, not the best photographer in the world, Photoshop helps to take up the slack.

street

Hunter
contender":26ade7fb said:
OooHhhh Gary, can't you tell?? :D
I have to give that dog credit, he didn't bother my lope too much except for wanting a piece of furr to play with. I Cut him off a piece of belly fur & he was one happy pup.
Getting the pic scanned & all wasn't hard. It's getting the size thing down. I have a bunch of "normal" print pictures I could scan, but I haven't found a way to increase their size before I send them to photobucket. I can open them on my computer, get them to enlarge, but not save them at the enlarged size.

Check your scanner. You may be able to scan at a larger size. Such as 150%, or 200%. Hope this helps. I have photoshop and it lets me save at any size I want. Makes it a lot easier.