Photo Evidence... Out of Control Hoarding

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This box has been sitting on a desk in my garage for many years. Maybe decades. I thought I remembered it was a set of Security Six grips.

For whatever reason, I opened the box recently, and was pleasantly surprised to find an exquisite set of walnut Blackhawk grips.❤️

I keep saying, my kids are gonna have a tough time sorting thru all my 'stuff'. :oops:

Last edited:

Hvymax

Blackhawk
This box has been sitting on a desk in my garage for many years. Maybe decades. I thought I remembered it was a set of Security Six grips.

For whatever reason, I opened the box recently, and was pleasantly surprised to find an exquisite set of walnut Blackhawk grips.❤️

I keep saying, my kids are gonna have a tough time sorting thru all my 'stuff'. :oops:
Make em earn it!!!

BlkHawk73

Hunter

Don't want my son to have to deal with the "what do I do with this stuff" so thinking in the next few years, it'll be allowed to find new homes. If I can talk myself into it, I'll start soon. I'll use that money to take him on trips/vacations - those will be more importnat than totes of stuff.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
Eventually I'll probably start gifting things to appropriate homes. I'm sure if worse comes to worse they can call an auction house.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
I would like to downsize too. My stuff, mostly old-school stuff, is getting harder to sell. Newer gun folks want mostly black and plastic. :unsure:
Kids these days didn't grow up on Westerns wanting to be a cowboy. I was closer to the WWII show transition. I remember Marshall Dillon but I wanted to ride in the back of the jeep with the 1919.

Hvymax

Blackhawk
One tiny box isn't hoarding. A 50'x20' barn with a loft and a 40' connex you can barely get through is.
Not to mention the 1/2acre dump on the other side of the property with several old boats and tractors for parts and piles of metal I'll build something with someday!!! I have a whole closet full of barrel blanks, scopes, mags, links, bipods, feed trays and top covers, springs, sights, rails and general miscellany from decades of projects.

CHEVYINLINE6

Bearcat
This is hoarding, NOT.

Attachments

• garage 4.jpg
    garage 4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
IF you would ever SELL those HOW MUCH would you ask?
asking for a friend!
I seldom sell any of this stuff. That's my curse. I've got boxes and drawers full of grips and other accessories, just in case I get another gun needing grips.😆

But if I were to buy them, I'd like to pay 40-bucks. But I'd probably pay as much as 75-bucks for these really nice grips.🤔

AJGUNNER

Hunter
I would like to downsize too. My stuff, mostly old-school stuff, is getting harder to sell. Newer gun folks want mostly black and plastic. :unsure:
I guess I am sort of in-between---keep thinking about not buying more, but seem to be always in the hunt. You can always hit me first before posting if you want to save on shipping. :) I never know what I "need" until I see it.

Quick Draw

Bearcat

Maybe someone should send a cadre of lawyers, FBI and DOJ agents to search, clean and organize all your forgotten items. Who knows, maybe they'll find some classified documents in your garage. Seems like there's a lot of that going around these days!

stonebuster

Bearcat
Last pair of those grips we sold at a show was $65....for the last of the old models, 71-72 vintage and look pretty nice.......(y)
That's about what I paid a piece for NOS Herretts shooting star grips for two Speed Sixes and one Security Six recently on ebay. $48-$60.