People are sure sensitive about little things, or maybe I'm just a curmudgeon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WV460hunter

Bearcat
That's one of the advantages of becoming old and crumudgeonly. You can now say all the things you have been holding back for years. I do it all the time. Telling folks the truth, without regard to their "feelings" results in some pretty funny expressions.
I been like that for about 2 or 3 yrs. Now ..and I just turned 50 in July I must be working in my Curmudgeon apprenticeship. 🤣

Ride1949

Buckeye
16697633613946958099652324695078.jpg

eveled

Hunter
I admit I haven’t read all the responses here so I may be repeating something someone else said.

Why did you feel the need to bash someone else’s choice?. Its his favorite. All he did was answer the question honestly. Maybe it ties in with deep memories of his childhood. Who knows? Its his favorite.

What made you want to pop his balloon?

I thought you were going to say your favorite movie got a bad response. My favorite movie is The Outlaw Josie Wales. I can see the PC crowd going off on that. My favorite TV show is The Dukes of Hazard. They took that from me already.

vito

Hunter
I'm surprised that this relatively old thread is still alive. I still don't like "The Sound of Music". But "Princess Bride" is one of my all time favorites, along with "The Godfather", "Jaws", "Down and Out in Beverly Hills", "Ferris Buehler" and "Galaxy Quest" (I'm sure I could add more favorites but my coffee cup is empty and needs refilling).

Mega Twin

Blackhawk
I'm the odd man out I guess. I like facebook and look at it about 10 minutes a day . mainly because of market place so I don't have to deal with craigslist or ebay

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I might see this differently. It looks to me that you were there, to stir the fudge, so to speak.

All the more reason I will not participate in facebook. Folks get their feelers hurt, and eventually things get mean. Facebook has completely divided my family.

It doesn't take Facebook for that to happen! That occurred for the first time, I believe, in the Garden of Eden.

Bob Wright

I know this is an old thread.

Someone mentioned Facebook dividing their family. I know what they meant.

I’m not on FB. Well, I am sort of. My gun range post’s information on it. I check that page only every other week or so.

But my wife used to do FB. Not anymore though. Her mother, an avid FB user, use to give my wife such a hard time, because she would see something or someone on FB. Mother in law would then ask my wife why she didn’t do something similar as to what she saw on FB. For example, how to best raise our daughter I remember one time.

Big family arguments would start over FB. So no, it’s definitely not worth it.

And why should I go there to have people intentionally try and start arguments? What a waste of time.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Frankly, anyone who spends much time on Facebook is pathologically needy. There is something really sad about the need to be constantly saying, "Look at how special I am..."
I tend to agree with this. Which is why I'm not on Fakebook, never have been, and probably never will be.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Most of the Clint Eastwood shows are too overdone on the scraggley appearance and ignorance of folks of the day. Most men did clean up, and were not bumbling idiots. My grandparents were "of the day" and were neat in appearance. Not quite so polished as today, but certainly not unwashed bumpkins.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Most of the Clint Eastwood shows are too overdone on the scraggley appearance and ignorance of folks of the day. Most men did clean up, and were not bumbling idiots. My grandparents were "of the day" and were neat in appearance. Not quite so polished as today, but certainly not unwashed bumpkins.
Okay, that's fair. But I can tell you if you haven't seen the two I mentioned, you're missing a couple of fine, fine stories. ;)

The Norseman

Single-Sixer
John Dutton said it best in S5 E5 Yellowstone

Fighting……seems like it's a liability. Cowards rule the world these days….Coward's rules with coward's customs. To succeed today, all you gotta to know is how to blame and how to complain. I truly believe it's the survival of the un-fittest these days.

I call it the femeninization of America.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I don't know the year, but my mother had pictures of her Dad, one of which one was when he headed a log train leaving middle Tennessee. The men shown are neatly dressed in what appears to be three piece suits and hats. I remember my mother telling me that it took six weeks going and six weeks to return. This hauling logs to Wichita, Kansas some time after the Civil War.

Bob Wright