Peep sight on a 10" MKII?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reakin

Single-Sixer
Has anyone ever tried putting a peep sight on a 10" MKII? I would think there would be enough barrel length to make one work if the opening wasn't too big. Anyone know of a setup that would work?

reakin

MAC702

Single-Sixer
Peep sight or ghost ring? When I think peep sight, I'm thinking of the eye very close to the rear peep, not a position I would commonly see with even a long-barreled handgun. Actually, same with a ghost ring, but perhaps not so much.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think I've seen a mentioning of a "Ghost Ring" rear sight for a few handguns. Maybe this will put you on the track towards finding one. (I've had them on 1911A1's and they can be nice except I found it slowed down my next target aquisition when speed shooting.)

reakin

Single-Sixer
I was kind of thinking along the One Ragged Hole blade inserts. Like MAC was saying, I'm not sure if the distance from the eye will be an issue though. Was hoping someone may have tried them and will chime in before I place an order.

Speedy target acquisition is not an issue. This will be on my 10" MKII for target/pop can duty.

reakin

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
reakin, I bought a used Blackhawk .45 last year that came with A One Ragged Hole rear sight. Was going to put the regular sight blade back on but decided to leave as is and play with it some. Surprisingly I shoot pretty well with it and gonna leave it on for now. It is not quite as fast as the open sights but for informal target shooting and plinking it should work well on your MKII. You may not like it as well as I but they're not really all that expensive and YES, they do make one for the Ruger MK pistols with adjustable sights :)

http://www.oneraggedhole.com/The_RUGER_ ... _Sight.htm

jdc

Bearcat
reakin":1trlzfqy said:
Has anyone ever tried putting a peep sight on a 10" MKII? I would think there would be enough barrel length to make one work if the opening wasn't too big. Anyone know of a setup that would work?

reakin

I shoot a 10" SS with a Millett Peep sight and a Lyman 17 Globe. I use it for IHMSA Small Bore Production. It's all stock except the sights and lots of trigger work. I had to argue 10 minutes with the guy at Millett when I ordered the rear sight but he finally agreed to place the order. I haven't shot a 40 with it but it is working well for me.
cimg0241o.jpg

By qazws, shot with EX-S2 at 2009-09-20[/url]

reakin

Single-Sixer
This is the pistol I want to put the peep sight on. I think I may try the One Ragged Hole sight.

100_0422.jpg

reakin

rodasj

Bearcat
Im just curious to know but will this sight work with a MK3 22/45 with adjustable sights? The website only says that it will fit mk1 and mk2.

Latest posts