PCI Ammo? Graf & Son

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLUndertaker

Bearcat
Looking for about 100 rnds of .357 Max for my newest acquisition. Graf & Sons has PCI 180gr .357 Max ammo for $1.16 per round which is fine with me. I reload but dont want to get into reloading for this cartridge since I wont shoot more than a handful of rounds thru it ever. I am typically weary of reloads so my question is this ammo quality and safe? Are there other, better sources? Thanks.

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question. I acquired a 357 Max last fall, but bought a set of dies and some 4227 powder to reload for it. I do know, as I'm sure you do as well, 180 grain bullets are supposed to be the "proper" weight for that caliber.

Good luck. It would cost extra for shipping, but you could always buy a few rounds, then if they work for you, just buy more.

I looked at their company page and impression is of a USA company making quality reloaded ammo. They will also reload your own brass or buy it and give you credit back. The price thru Graff for the MAX is good and I would not hesitate in buying a couple of boxes to try it out. Max ammo can be somewhat hard to find.
I have some original Remington that I shoot occasionally but mostly use my own reloads using H110 or IMR4227. And 296 until it is all gone.

dgr416

Single-Sixer
The 357 rem max is one of the easiest cartridges you will ever reload .The brass is very strong
And last many shots .I use aa1680 powder and 180 gr8 hornady xtp bulkets.I have two cafbines and one dan wesson pistol the best pistol ever made .

mikld

Blackhawk
Sorta on, or at least near topic. Reloading is often safer than shooting at a public range (or driving there). I reloaded my first 38 Special round in 1969, out of curiosity, and of the thousands of rounds since have had one squib and zero Kabooms. If one doesn't trust them self, or has any doubts/concerns, then nope they shouldn't reload. Sorta like driving; I knew a lady that could drive around her neighbor hood quite easily, but she was terrified of the freeway. When she drove down the on ramp, she got nervous and made mistakes. If one is not sure of themselves, they may get "nervous" and make mistakes, which can result in ruined guns and very painful personal injury.

Revolver rounds are probably the easiest, most forgiving cartridges to reload safely and the 35 Max. even though it's a hot magnum, can be reloaded simply, and safely...

Latest posts