PC9 Slide Doesn't Lock Back after last round in mag fired

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lunker

Bearcat
I have tested with four different magazines, so I know that it isn't that. I just bought the gun so i can't say 100% whether this is a new problem. The seller assures me that it never happened for him, but also that he hasn't shot it in a long time (why he sold it to me in the first place). I believe him. As a side note, the gun's insides are really grimy amd filthy. I took her apart and will give a thorough cleaning. Hopefully that solves it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there anything I should look for in the slide lock that could be malfunctioning? Are there different versions of the recoil springs, like one for regular and one for +p and +P+ ammo? Perhaps I have the very stout springs. I have the ghost ring model, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance.

Lunker

Bearcat
blume357":5j9za9co said:
I'm not going to help here, but are you sure the bolt is supposed to lock back?

I have to admit I have two but I can't remember if it does on mine or not.

It doesn't lock back when you pull back the bolt on an empty mag, but it does lock back after shoot a magazine empty. I only know for sure because it said so in the manual and because I owned (and foolishly sold) one a week earlier.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I,ve got a PC9 and a PC4 and the same thing happens to both about every third or fourth mag. Mine also will not lock back with a empty mag. inside.I never really thought about it because they function great otherwise.I would be interested in any info if available thanks,dusterman

Latest posts