PC9 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
There's a PC9 available locally, supposed to be NIB. I don't know much about these but it seems like those that have them like them. Are they really a big 10/22 and any known gremlins I should know about? What about value? It would remain NIB for as long as it took me to get to the range :lol:

thanks
Jeff

9x19

Hunter
They are significantly different (design wise) from the 10/22.

No real gremlins, but don't expect a target trigger, their design does not allow it.

Around here values are lower than some other places, probably $450 - $500

I like mine, they are a lot of fun. This is a first-year model Ruger Police Carbine with Tasco PDP3 1x 33mm

RPC9mm.jpg

It's better to say they have a combat trigger, that is what it was designed for.

If you have a Ruger 9mm P series handgun then you should consider the PC9 as a companion. I would really like a 3rd one , one day.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
I liked the PC9 so much that I bought a P89 just to go with it.

The trigger is very much like standard military two-stage triggers.

QB

Single-Sixer
Same here. I liked the PC9 so much I bought a couple of P89s (a two tone and a stainless) as well as a second PC9. Really nice to be able to use the same mags.

I couldn't find a PC9 for under $500 in like new condition.

I have one marked Ruger Carbine and one marked Police Carbine.

Buckeye - do you mind telling me what brand rail you have on your PC9? I'd like to perhaps use my Aimpoint H-1 on one of my PC9s but was unsure of what rail to purchase.

Thanks

9x19

Hunter
QB":2ldpykw8 said:
Same here. I liked the PC9 so much I bought a couple of P89s (a two tone and a stainless) as well as a second PC9. Really nice to be able to use the same mags.

I couldn't find a PC9 for under $500 in like new condition.

I have one marked Ruger Carbine and one marked Police Carbine.

Buckeye - do you mind telling me what brand rail you have on your PC9? I'd like to perhaps use my Aimpoint H-1 on one of my PC9s but was unsure of what rail to purchase.

Thanks

I bought this one (and shortened it to my tastes)... it is "adjustable" to fit any Ruger with factory bases (except center-fire bolt actions or SRHs):

http://www.m1surplus.com/mini14%20ranch ... cnmrub.htm

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have a PC9 and a PC40 and really enjoy shooting both of these rifles. Right after I got the PC9 I got lucky and picked up a P94 9MM now all I need is a P94 in 40 cal and I,ll be good to go.I can,t say how many rounds I,ve shot through these guns but i can say I,ve have,nt had any problems.If the price is reasonable buy it then shoot it if you don,t like it you probably will be able to get your money back if you sell it theirs always someone looking for one,dusterman

One thing in the past folks have discussed as a negative is the weight of the PC9/4 as being a heavy rifle. I guess by carbine standards it is a little heavy... by a pound or two. Might become an issue on a 20 mile forced march with a 40lb pack added along but I really have never found this an issue even when carrying it for a stroll in the woods.

Oh, and I'll apologise in advance for this redundancy, but it has been several months since I posted a picture of my PC9:

DSCN9300.jpg

[/i]

OnTarget

Bearcat
Does ruger still make the PC9? I am interested in this gun and am trying to find out more about it. I have a P95 and this looks like it will be fun to take to the range with me. Thanks!

JNewell

Single-Sixer
IIRC, it weighs just about the same as a Winchester 94, which most people do not consider heavy.

blume357":nodch09o said:
One thing in the past folks have discussed as a negative is the weight of the PC9/4 as being a heavy rifle. I guess by carbine standards it is a little heavy... by a pound or two. Might become an issue on a 20 mile forced march with a 40lb pack added along but I really have never found this an issue even when carrying it for a stroll in the woods.

Oh, and I'll apologise in advance for this redundancy, but it has been several months since I posted a picture of my PC9:

DSCN9300.jpg

[/i]

I think the composite stock weighs more than most woods and I'm pretty sure hanging a folding Choate rear stock on one adds a little to it. :)

OnTarget,

You are just going to have to be patient and wait.... and have 5-600 bucks standing by.

QB

Single-Sixer
I'd pay $600 NIB in a heartbeat. Does the one you know about have ghost rings by any chance? I have two PC9s but would really like one with ghost rings. Care to share the info about the store that has a NIB PC9?

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
QB":ooaj1u8g said:
I'd pay $600 NIB in a heartbeat. Does the one you know about have ghost rings by any chance? I have two PC9s but would really like one with ghost rings. Care to share the info about the store that has a NIB PC9?

Here ya go. Have it shipped to your FFL.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquip ... id=8336718

Was in my favorite LGS today and they have a nice used PC4 for $389. Good thing I don't do 40.

QB

Single-Sixer
I contacted the seller and he emailed back and said he "doesn't ship because it would cost $100" (which of course we all know is BS for a rifle).

So, it's for sale only locally/FTF I assume.

Thanks for the info anyway.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
QB":3ff4ja34 said:
I contacted the seller and he emailed back and said he "doesn't ship because it would cost $100" (which of course we all know is BS for a rifle).

So, it's for sale only locally/FTF I assume.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Too bad. Not many will pay that probably.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Might not be BS. Some dealers charge hefty fees and mark up shipping, so while $100 sounds high, $60 or $75 wouldn't surprise me much.